Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the telephone with Capt. Dave and this weekend’s Rock-A-Thon tournament has been postponed until Saturday May 28th due to a small craft advisory being posted within the clubs fishing boundaries. On the 28th the home port will still be Ingram Bay Marina and we will also have the picnic after the tournament starting at 5:30 at Ingram Bay Maria.

Let’s hope this weekend wind stops by next weekend.

Tom

·
Registered
531 Posts
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO![sad]

It's too soon to call it. I'll bet it's sunny and calm in the morning.

Plus, I'm supposed to be going out of town next weekend and was encouraged to hear reports of the weather clearing out sooner.

I know I know, can't please everyone.

Any chance for a change of mind if the weather reports are better later today?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Scott we are going to miss you next week. At least we will have a different winner this year. Just looked at the weather site and looks like tomorrow is really going to blow. Calling for 4 footers at Smith Point. My vessel might take it ok, but my body can't. Good call on the leadership of the club. Pulling down tonight. Have other work planned at the cottage so it won't be a wasted trip. Sunday looks real good.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
531 Posts
Rocksandblues,

Join! (if you have not yet) Members fish for free in tourneys and this one has a $100 bonus if a member wins the calcutta and the biggest fish!

Great little club, great guys and gals. Lot's of fun!

Fish with your family like or or bring buds to fish some with the $10 fee each! Either way, lots 'o fun.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Rocksandblues,

Join! (if you have not yet) Members fish for free in tourneys and this one has a $100 bonus if a member wins the calcutta and the biggest fish!

Great little club, great guys and gals. Lot's of fun!

Fish with your family like or or bring buds to fish some with the $10 fee each! Either way, lots 'o fun.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I want to clear up what Scott said. There will be R. W's Sport Shop sponsor's gift certificate awards of $75 for 1st place Rockfish and for 1st place Croaker and $35 for 2nd place Rockfish and for 2nd place Croaker. As a special bonus the Club will award $100 cash to the members (no guests) who enter the biggest Rockfish and the biggest Croaker by weight. In addition to that there will be a Calcutta that is being organized by some interested persons that members and guests can enter for $10 per person. The Calcutta is a winner take all contest for the biggest Rockfish by weight. Calcutta entries can be made to Dave G. at 804-730-2448.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
We will have all the eats and soft drinks. If you want a beer you will have to bring your own. If you can't eat burgers and dogs you might have a problem, so bring some carrots. We hope to have a good turn out and a good time. Dave

·
Registered
531 Posts
You'll love the club!

With several Charter Captn's and a great one at the helm (Plug for Dave and 'Aces up') some thought that the tourneyments would be unfair.

My family crew is proof that it's anyone's game. We won 3 catagory/events last year and had a blast! (That's why they all gathered at Dave's for a wind dance party last Friday!)

Last year was only our second year fishing the bay. We have learned much and made a few good freinds.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Scott, thanks for the plug (flattery will get you everything).

The tournaments are open to members and their registered guests. Anyone who is interested in fishing in the Northern Neck Area and at least 18 years old can become a member by submitting an application and paying the annual dues. We will go out of our way to help anyone interested in becomming a member to join the Club and participate in our events.

However, I must warn the uninformed that the compitition during these tournaments is fierce and intense. It takes a strong person to withstand such pressure. When you are up against such fearsome competitors as Capts. Jeff & Liz, Mushy, ScottNRA, Little Bubba, Dr. Quack, The Grasshopper, Buzzy, The River Watcher, Capt. Bob-A-Long, etc. there is little room for error. But if you win there is a great sense of satisfaction. Trust me, I know these things.
Regards, Dave

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You could get your dad or an uncle to join as a regular member. Then that person could enter you as a youth member. There is no charge for being a youth member and you can fish all the tournaments and attend the picnics free. Two things a youth member can't do that a regular member can are vote on the Club's business and take non-members as guests. Good luck. Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts