Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a Small Craft Advisory on the Potomac River this morning, the Northern Neck Anglers Tournament was postponed until next Saturday, May 27, 2006 in accordance with NNAC tournament rules. Members are reminded to check the National Weather Service forecast for the latest information before departing on any trip and to determine whether the tournament has to be postponed.
Tom

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
245 Posts
Would the club consider postponing until the week after Memorial weekend? The holiday weekend will be difficult for many schedules............. and it brings a lot of drunk nutcases out onto the river.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Best news of the day. My brother and myself went to the cottage on Friday night and got everything ready for the NNAC Tournament yesterday. Got up 05:30 Saturday morning and headed out. Chummed NNReef for one hour before high tide and 1 hr. after high tide. Thought my fishfinder was broken because we never marked anything the entire morning. Bait looked better after being soaked for 2 hrs. Many charters around. Their luck was worse than ours. Never saw a fish caught.
Ok????? Instructed brother to pull everything in and we would start trolling. Put out 6 rods. One with white Umbrella. One Pet #18 spoon. One stretch chartruese. One spinner bait with white bucktail trailer. One 6 inch umbrella. One tandem rig with Pet #17 and 6 oz. bucktail. Trolled channel edge from NNReef South about 3 miles past Boey 62. Nothing Nothing Nothing!!!!!! After trolling for 5 hours and seas 4 foot we allowed the skunk to stay in the boat and went home. Marked very few fish while trolling. Not sure where the fish were, but they were not there.
Calling for bad seas today so we came home last night. Pulled up this site to see who won the Rock-a-thon only to read that it had be cancelled. It was a good idea to cancell because it was really rough out there. Don't want to say we wasted our time, but had we known it was cancelled I sure we would not have been out there.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
659 Posts
If the postponement date is changed remember the Smith Point Sea Rescue Bluefish/Rockfish Derby is June 9th and 10th.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
531 Posts
Funny how things work out sometimes. The Greggs are back in the hunt!

We are hoping for good hot-dry-calm weather.

We'll see you on the water Saturday![excited][excited][excited]

It should be a close tournament this time around!

·
Registered
477 Posts
hey mushy, if you dont get your boat back, go with us. I am leaving in an hour to go get the new one. I will be coming down the bay this afternoon.

EDIT: brain far_ this is rocksandblues. i am on eilybird's computer. he has an office in my building now. Girls had mine downstairs tied up. sorry

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yep, the wind blew away our chances to fish a tourney without the Gregg's "golden horseshoe lure" winning or placing in every catgory. Now we'll have to battle side by side this saturday. See you at check in Gregg!

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'll give you a call later. Good luck on the run down the bay. Looks a bit windy out there. Oh yeah, I forgot, you're making the trip on a 36' Contender. No problem, Have fun!!!!

Mushy

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Can't postpone the rescheduled date unless there is another Small Craft warning next Saturday.

That screws up my shot at the glory; I've got a croaker trip party scheduled from 11 am to 7pm next Saturday. Ya'll have fun!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Capt. Dave,
You got till 10:00 to catch the big one. When you go in to weigh the fish pick up the charter group. Sounds simple to me.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
mushy just call on the cell. i will be down from fri early to mon late. Great day today for a boat ride!! Only took 3 hours from bay bridge to Coles point. Was not pushing it. Fiddled with the trim and managed 32 mph burning 27-29 gph. Very comfortable ride. Played with all the electronics and autopilot. Took Eilybird a while to figure out the cd player but he found the directions and we had tunes.

Just did shoe-horn her in my covered slip. Bow sticks out 5 feet or so but does not look to interfere with anyone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts