Mushy, The Flounder Bash is this comming Saturday and Sunday. The species are Flounder and Croaker. J & W Seafood in Deltaville is the awards sponsor. Norview Marina in Deltaville is the Home Port where we will have a free picnic on Saturday evening starting about 5:30pm.
I think a lot of members will be fishing around the Cell, but there may be better luck elsewhere. Your spots in the Potomac might be as good as anywhere else. Dave
I'm going to fish the river Saturday and the boat is at Lewisetta now so I'll weigh anything I catch, if I can find a keeper. Would love to win that J & W prize! I love that place. Thanks for the info and good luck to all!
[Q]fishingkdr originally wrote:
Do you have to be a NNAC member or is the open to anyone?
Guests must be registered by 4 p.m. the day before the tournament.
• Guests must fish on a member's boat or in a member's party.
• A tournament day will be automatically rescheduled to the following week in the event of a Small Craft or higher warning anywhere in the fishing area.
• Tournament fishing hours are sunrise to 4 p.m. (or earlier if specified).
• There is NO starting check in location and anglers may depart from and return to any port of their choosing.
• Fish must be weighed in at one of the following marinas: Lewisetta, Smith Point, Buzzards Point, Ingram Bay, Chesapeake Boat Basin, Norview, Locklies, Garretts, and Gwynns Island Boatel.
• All weigh in marina locations have the entry forms and a Club representative will collect the entry information from the marinas.
• Weigh in must be made by 4 p.m. (or earlier if specified for a particular tournament).
• Fish must be delivered to the weigh in marina by water on the boat where caught.
• In case of a tie in weights, the earliest fish weighed in will be the winner.
• Fishing area is the Chesapeake Bay, the Potomac River, the Rappahannock River, the Piankatank River, and Tangier Sound as per the general tournament rules.
• A designated Home Port assures that there are all of the facilities needed such as a launching ramp, fuel dock, parking for vehicles and trailers, rest rooms, and some bait and tackle for a satisfactory trip.
• Free member and guest picnics will be held at designated marinas.
• Awards will be delivered to winners within a reasonable time.
• All tournament issues are subject to the decision of the Board of Directors and their decisions will be final.
fishingkdr, The Flounder Bash and other Northern Neck Anglers Club tournaments are for members and their guests only. The Club accepts applications from any interested person age 18 or over. Becoming a member is very simple. Just fill in the application form, write a check to NNAC for the $25 annual dues, and mail it to the Club's P.O.box. You can down load out application form from our web site at www.chesapeake-fishing.com/nnac. Once you become a member you can fish all of the tournaments free of charge and even take guests with you at $10 per guest per tournament. Dave