Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a rumor I've heard.

DNR has said no April Tournaments for Striped Bass in Maryland's portion of the Chesapeake.

They have the power under Maryland's Comar regs to do so. The regs say DNR has to ok any tournament for Striped Bass.

I'm sure, if the rumor is true, it is being done to slow down the catching of the big fish to come more in line with Maryland's part of the Spring Trophy quota.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
----Capt. Anderson ----I don't understand , putting leashes on green crabs, & I sure don't see how No Tournaments will cut down on Fish Caught---IF your limit is one fish, thats all you can keep----Unless DNR feels that catches on NON tournament, days are not kept----

-----Being the only fish reported in that time frame, is the charterboat catch, & that is mostly a KEEP fishery, how would ANY years catch differ, in reporting results ---

---IN FACT , i'd like to know how we come up with the trophy catch figures IN ANY year ----32,000----40,000 fish HOW did these figures come about , BY ESTIMATE ?---and whose the estimator ?---OH WELL--[wink][wink]

409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
capt. george

Probably shouldn't have posted a rumor. I only did it to give the people who run tournaments in April a heads up of a possible chance is rules.

DNR says somewhere around 56000 fish were caught in the spring season. How they arrive at those figures I have no idea.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts