Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Definitely no Bananas, even though I’m sure it doesn’t make any difference, but why chance it?

I have a name in mind for the boat, but will not say the name while on board, why chance it? No whistling. Also it's not superstition but no booze, at least for me, until we’re tied up at the dock. For me it tastes better that way. Sometimes I'll bend these, and don't freak out over them either.

Ted

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I am simple, no Glass bottles. The wife can break this rule but no one else. Last year she was on top of the Hard Top drinking a few "Mikes Mangos" , well she left an empty bottle in a rod holder and on the next trip out while under way if fell on the deck between a friend and I. Scared the poop out of us both...

TED

·
Registered
366 Posts
No superstitions on our boat.. We actually use it against other boats and charter boats! here's our charter boat repellant! :thumbup:
Water Watercraft Boat Vehicle Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Oh and gotta make sure the boards are properly labeled! dancedance
Orange Rectangle Amber Wood Material property

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I remember a few yrs back when I was out with my little girls jiggin near the BB. We were into some stiff hits jiggin but couldnt hook up. I found a banana in my boat bag. I told them about the banana thing and they believed every word of it. They couldnt beleive DAD forgot about the stashed banana. I threw it overboard and we proceeded to limit on 20-25 inchers. They believed it all. I coldnt believe it either but it happened. Then the H&Lers showed up within a week and the fish went with them.

·
Registered
14,402 Posts
I remember a few yrs back when I was out with my little girls jiggin near the BB. We were into some stiff hits jiggin but couldnt hook up. I found a banana in my boat bag. I told them about the banana thing and they believed every word of it. They couldnt beleive DAD forgot about the stashed banana. I threw it overboard and we proceeded to limit on 20-25 inchers. They believed it all. I coldnt believe it either but it happened. Then the H&Lers showed up within a week and the fish went with them.
Throw some bananas on the hook & liners boats.:yes:.............Gary

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bananas!

My son and I are BIG believers in the Banana jinx so my son makes anyone coming on board and fishing with us sing a few bars of: YES WE HAVE NO BANANAS - WE HAVE NO BANANAS TODAY! THEN HE SEARCHES THROUGH THEIR STUFF!!! Sometimes we do a 2 part harmony! dancedance

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Funny how some fishermen are superstitious about things that have no bearing on fishing.

How can a banana in a cooler effect the catching - especially if you walked around the boat three times counter clockwise , drank coffee while holding cup in left hand , wore your lucky hat and saw a shooting star.

Not really a superstition but I like chocolate donuts on the boat. Like them at work too - come to think about it , like them anytime.

Over the years - heard some wild ones. Some say a priest / preacher is bad luck - others claim women onboard can be bad.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
OMG! you're kidding me - right?
There's been a banana on board nearly every boat I've ever fished on, whether the captain knew it or not. We generally seem to have pretty good days. Well, I forgot my banana today and we only got a few over 30 biggest about 34-35....kinda sucked...:pout:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
OMG! you're kidding me - right?
There's been a banana on board nearly every boat I've ever fished on, whether the captain knew it or not. We generally seem to have pretty good days. Well, I forgot my banana today and we only got a few over 30 biggest about 34-35....kinda sucked...:pout:
Ur tellin' me you have had bananas on my boat?......Actually I always thought they were good luck......

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,707 Posts
Doctor told me to eat a banana every day because I take medicine for my kidneys. Has never effected catching fish though.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No BANANAS , had a buddy try to bring one on board , told him to leave it at the dock , he ate them and he was the only one to get skunked..told him it was the bananas in his belly ....he was cursed the whole trip..

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
I have stickers on my boat that say " no banana's" but a Charter Capt. we used to use would always have a banana in his lunch box, he said it was an old wives tale.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Funny how some fishermen are superstitious about things that have no bearing on fishing.

How can a banana in a cooler effect the catching - especially if you walked around the boat three times counter clockwise , drank coffee while holding cup in left hand , wore your lucky hat and saw a shooting star.

Not really a superstition but I like chocolate donuts on the boat. Like them at work too - come to think about it , like them anytime.

Over the years - heard some wild ones. Some say a priest / preacher is bad luck - others claim women onboard can be bad.
I been eatting choclate donuts every morning that I been striper fishing along with my mt. dew . Talk about a great breakfeast. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts