Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some fun pictures of a few does. Thought we could use some fun images as the season wraps up and had to test out the new camera from Santa:clapping2:.

Hope everyone had a safe and great 2008 and look forward to 2009.

The bottom picture is of a wise doe who stomped before running off over the ridge.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a Sony

Hey Croakers,
It's a Sony CyberShot modle DSC-H50.

Has a 15x optical zoom. The deer were about 30 yards away. I would rate my photography skills at the level of a "novice" at best. I was totally shocked at how well the details came out.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thank You, I'm headed for COSCO tomorrow, see if they have it. The last picture, even the dew claw on the rear leg is in focus.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
The bucks are over rated. The antlers are good soup stirers or ball scratchers. The does taste much better. I got a 146 pound doe last night in Damascus and she is going to be pepperjack cheese bolonga...........nice pictures............Gary

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Nice pic's nice woods setting and animal detail from that camera. What area were those photo's taken in.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I never heard of a doe that wieghed much more than 80 pounds or so. That doe would be bigger than about 95% of the 5 1/2 year old bucks in VA. Must have been some doe. Have you got any pictures?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deer were just north of Lynchburg, VA

We were staying in the mountains between Charlottesville and Lynchburg.

It's funny, last night, after I posted these pictures I went to chop some wood and I walk out of the basement onto the stoop and there's a BIG buck about 20 yards away. It was dark, so I couldn't really see it too well but the porch light gave enough illumination to catch a glimpse of his rack.

I quickly turned around, ran upstairs to grab the camera and by the time I made it back downstaris he was gone. I could hear some rustling in the leaves but no buck in sight. I should have have just stood there and watched him instead of try to take a picture.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
Martineta, That was an unusually large doe but there are much bigger ones than that on the Eastern shore. When I brought this doe to Sam's butcher shop in Finksburg, I laid it next to a 17" spread 8 point and the doe looked twice the size of it. Every one was looking at it at the butcher shop. Believe it or not .......the record weight whitetail is 465 pounds in Alberta , Canada. Did not take pictures and I don't know how to put a picture on here even if I did!........Gary

·
Registered
59 Posts
we have a big doe contest at our club its in sussex va this years winner was 118# we have been doing this about 5 years now the biggest we have killed was 132#

·
Registered
124 Posts
The club I'm in had, I think, 5 does over 130# this year. I had one that "live weight" by our DMAP scales at 140#. daf

1 - 13 of 13 Posts