Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I went Cobia fishing with my son, we saw 2 on the way to the CBBT about a mile from the Lesner Bridge, passed them by so quick we could not find them on the back track. Trolled CBBT between the 2nd and 3rd, nothing. Hopped the buoys all the way to the ocean and saw one but he would not take the eel.

Around 12"45 we back tracked toward the 4th island hopping from buoy to buoy, saw one but missed it. Trolled along in a bunch of rays and saw 3 but could not get them to take a eel. Hopped back to a buoy and saw 2, tried 14" eel, they looked at it but would not hit. Ran out of live eels and finally gave up and headed home. One of the Cobias looked like 50".

The weather was great, the waves were perfect and sunny sky, great day of fishing even though we did not catch any.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Nice try, they can be frustrating. Sounds like my entire season. Keep after them and you'll eventually get em. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for the report, and posting useful info. My father is coming later in the week and I'm trying to decide if it's worth chumming the shoals or just buoy hop and flounder fish. Fished Friday and caught about 6' Bull Shark between the 3rd and 4th, over the tube on flounder belly. Amazing I got it close enough for a picture with the 30lb flouro flounder setup, but it took almost an hour but was happy to at least know what it was. Also had a baby Hammerhead on for about 10 seconds, never ate the hook just held onto my eel, that was near cape Henry wreck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts