Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of CB about 9 this morning on Phils Grady with the usual suspects, Phil, Jim H, his father-in-law and myself. Not a trolling rod in sight. Headed south and jigged up a few fish under birds, but not a steady bite, so we headed here and there pretty much covering a lot of the midbay. We'd pickup and fish or two and then run again looking for a good big fish bite. Had a really frustrating hour watching a big flock of birds working inside the "no go zone" at the gas docks, but they never moved out.

Finally sometime around 2 we found some birds working and had a pretty steady bite with some nice fish for the rest of the afternoon. We ended the day about 4:30 with the fish still biting. Most of the fish were in the mid 20s with enough around 30 to make it interesting. We ended with a limit of fish: four over 28 and four in the mid 20s. As a side note Jim's father-in-law had to let the largest fish, around 36, go because the box was full already. I'm not sure if he'll ever forgive us.:D

We didn't take many pictures, but Phil has a few and maybe he'll post them tomorrow. Good day.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
nice

nice report OH BEARDED ONE , no mention of fancy shirts though might be a bit cold for them now .

let me know when you guys are coming down , I might be able to go fishing with you guys if I'm off . the albe is ready to go anytime if you guys need a good hull under your feet ;-) . I have been busy chasing horned critters since oct 4th and have not fished in 3 months . Oh the pain of it all :eek:
Kevin

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice report OH BEARDED ONE , no mention of fancy shirts though might be a bit cold for them now .

let me know when you guys are coming down , I might be able to go fishing with you guys if I'm off . the albe is ready to go anytime if you guys need a good hull under your feet ;-) . I have been busy chasing horned critters since oct 4th and have not fished in 3 months . Oh the pain of it all :eek:
Kevin
Kevin, Your on. Hey, if you still want some wine let me know, I'll bring it down.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
wine

Jack let me talk to the home office about the spirts she runs the show around the house , I'm just underfoot along with the dogs & cat .

on the fishing I talked with a coworker that told me there are lots of fish midbay , the fishing is only 20 mins from the house and I have not given it a try yet . if i do not hunt allweek I might give it a try on tues . weds - sat is out I'm hunting those days forsure .

work has kept me busy , I was on travel last week and could not hunt or fish . we are building a new sight in WV and I will have to take care of it when it is up and running .

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Very nice fishing, fellows. Your reports today were much appreciated. Sounds like a great day on the water. Hope those fish hang in there through the holiday weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
you sure had a better day than I did, I had to work, did you look around the mouth of the tank, been some bird activity around there sometimes

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Sounds good Jack....I'm with JP ..beats my day....

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
you sure had a better day than I did, I had to work, did you look around the mouth of the tank, been some bird activity around there sometimes
John, not only did we check the "Tank" but we checked it twice just to make sure that they didn't turn on in the afternoon. In the morning, the entire charter fleet and most rec's (lemmings) were on the western channel edge or in the channel. I don't think we saw another boat in the Tank. In the afternoon, there were a few charters and a handful of rec's trolling but no sign of birds and no bent rod sonar to cause us to consider staying. In fact I don't think we marked much bait. Most of the bait and scattered bird activity was all on the Western side. We marked decent bait balls in that area and fish were there in small pods. We did luck out as we were backing down to talk with Leon and all of the sudden looked at the screen and had the best marks of the day. These were all big fish and of course mine pulled within sight of the boat. I believe that's when my father in law got his 36"er.

With Shawn's report of them moving out of the Chester and the water temps dropping fast, it could be that they have moved back into the main stem of the Bay and are staging to move out.

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
Next time take a box of donuts :D. Give you guys credit for trying EVERYWHERE until you found them :thumbup:. Seems Leon is always where the fish are :yes:.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Same thing for me:)

Jack,
Had a very similar day but had to pack it in early around 1:30 before that bite started. I went from the West River past 78 on both sides but never saw a good bite. I had a nice bite around 9 am smack in the middle of the bay just S of 83 and put 2 - 24" fish in the box but there weren't any larger fish biting in that school. I brought the broom sticks but never set them out cause my crew bailed on me at the last minute. See you down at the CBBT soon. Johnny O

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Great report, Jack. Thanks again for the "call over". You got some regular crew there that allways seem to find the fish.:thumbup::clapping2:

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shawn, My pleasure.

JP, We hit the tank.

Jamie, Sorry buddy.

Bob, Head south.

Mike, We plan to follow them south to PLO.

Johnny, See you there.

Leon, Any time my friend.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts