Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand why when I crossed over the CBBT yesterday that I didn't see ONE boat out there! What's up? Fishin's HOT! A little wind, a few waves....I guess there were some good football games on that no one wanted to miss. I woke up to a BEAUTIFUL morning after a GORGEOUS sunset the night before and couldn't WAIT to hit the water. 45 knot winds, snow flurries, 32 degrees and 8 footers. It was a little "bumpy" but not bad. I'm glad that I was on a 200 footer, didn't get any lines tangled and plenty of rail space!:D

The sunset at Cape May Dec. 6th.

The next morning's sunrise.

The Inlet Marker #3.

It was "bumpy" but managed 18 knots. I'm just glad that I did the trip in daylight. Better than Busch Gardens and Apollo's Chariot.

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your kind remarks. My car got a salt water bath on the ferry crossing at Lewes. They say the trips after us were WORSE! The ferry would shudder, the gears could be heard grinding and the spray would come down the whole ferry when a big one hit. I told my wife that should we sink, don't even bother with a life jacket. There would be no reason at all to delay the hypothermia, just go with it.

I had a nice day. I think that I took more pictures on that single day than I had on any one day here to for. Let it be known that "Captain Chummer" DID NOT "hurl" or "blow chunks"!!

Dennis, the NEXT "bumpy" Saturday is a guaranteed PIZZA CONSPIRACY MEETING. Due to "affairs of state" I have been quite busy. There are two foreclosures in progress, one near divorce due to the economic downturn and the death of two friends. It ain't been pretty lately.

I could use a good Pizza and friends!;-)

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Doc awesome pics as usual. I'm up for a PCM. I know what your talking about when you say it's been bumpy.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice pics.

Hope this was yours... Last seen over the York River and heading East.:yes: Sometimes they are hard to shake, but you are due some smooth sailing.:yinyang:

James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts