Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go all my stuff together for a crappie trip for this morning. Went to the lake. While motor was warming up, I got a "No Oil" warning horn. Shut it down, pumped oil bulb, opened oil reservoir (to see if air locked). Re-started. No alarm. Idled out past no wake bouy, it went off again.

Came home. Unloaded everything. I am off to South Hill to have it checked out. Hope to see you guys next weekend.

Dayton

·
Registered
317 Posts
sorry about the troubles had similar boat problems today. took some friends this morning for their first catfish trip and boat overheats in bend below deep bottom. thanks to bigcat for catching me some nice bait for the trip just wasnt our day

·
Registered
392 Posts
Join the crowd! I came around that last barge before entering the barge pits at 50 mph and my steering cable broke! That was scarey and no fun. We ran up on that shallow flat. Junk im gonna go buy a new boat im tired of buying something i have to work on. I know ya got to work on all boats but atleast ill get some fishing in before hand! I cant afford problems like that when my main fishing partner is my son. Safety first

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VRO pump going bad (oil pump). Get a new one this week and a good check up, and I should be back on the water.

Not much a little plastic card can't fix.

Dayton

·
Registered
766 Posts
Go ahead and go to Kmart and get a water oil separator for 23.99 . I'm gonna have it put on should be easy, might even let BIGCAT do it and earn his keep. Every boat should have one ! striperjoe

PS - Spent the day with my DAD at Urbanna at his house and enjoyed relaxing watching the race and discussing strategy for the April 23rd Tourney. Team Cannonball gettin' ready........[excited]

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Cat pissed on the carpet again. Looks like a bad weekend all the way around.

Went flathead fishing and got skunked. Forgot my sweatshirt and got cold. WAAAAAAH!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
crash14me2,

I saw your other thread about buying a new boat. Why are you giving up on this one so soon? What happened? It looked like a damn fine catfishing boat and was pretty cheap even if you have to repair a few things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts