Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having the same problem I am----I CAN'T SEEM TO LOCATE ANY DEER! I have hunted cut over edges, oak woods, swamps, and yesterday I hunted a soy bean field bodered by "willow oaks" where the deer had obviously been feeding as I saw lots of tracks and scuffled leaves where they had been searching out the tiny acorns. I have yet to see a deer! [sad] Ranger has taken me to two good spots and I still didn't see a thing. This is really starting to give me a complex----I may have to go see a shrink. [grin] Will somebody please send some luck my way![grin][grin]

Good Luck to those that are in the deer---pray for those of us that aren't. [grin]

HV---who will hunt again this afternoon, sooner or later one is going to accidentally show up.

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yahoo![grin] I was really beginning to worry. Thanks to those that "sent" some luck my way. Regarding the shot: a little too high and a little too far back, he was close and walking. Blood trail was practically nill. Matter of fact the last blood I found was a single drop. This really puzzled me as it was a good pass through shot---arrow was covered with bright red blood. Anyway, to make a long story short, I had to just venture out ahead of the last blood, while my Dad stayed at the last blood found, and I found him. The shot was, as I said, not the best I have ever made but upon cleaning him, I saw that the arrow did go through the last third of the right lung. I am thankful I found him, thought for a while there that I had blown it.

Ranger---Thanks for posting the pics. [grin] Thats a good looking future hunter with his Unlce and Grand-Dad[grin]

Gary---Much as I would like to say the deer are getting smaller, truth of the matter is I have done "swole" up! Must have been something I ate.[grin][grin]

Thanks Again and GOOD LUCK to ALL.

Rapprunner[smile][smile]

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[Q]HI TIDES DRIFTER originally wrote:
Howard, Nice bow kill. I would love to see some horns. What do you think turned your luck cause I could use some. Bill
[/Q]
Thanks Bill. If you notice the beginning of the thread I was "whining" about not seeing deer, well thanks to the good folks here on TF I think someone sent me some luck[grin]---I will try to do the same for you. Plus the young man in the photo, Rangers son/my nephew, told his Dad yesterday that he thought I might kill a deer---He was right[grin][grin]. Anyway, hang in there, I have hunted every chance I have had, so persistance pays off.

If you check out the EQ web site they will send you a CD of their tree stand---might help you with your decision. And if you need to ask questions please feel free to call me.

GOOD LUCK---hope you get a biggun'

HV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.