Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out effective April 30 there will be no more daily use. It will be for slip and land storage holders only. Just an FYI so you can plan if this affects you.

·
Registered
14,053 Posts
Found out effective April 30 there will be no more daily use. It will be for slip and land storage holders only. Just an FYI so you can plan if this affects you.
Thanks. Knew it was coming. New owners, many improvements and the launch fee went to $30.00 and they have it gated and opened at 7:00 am......... Gary

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Which means it wont be long before Oak Grove raises fheir prices like they did years ago to control the volume. Cant blame them, as they explained to me, their first responsibility is to slip holders.

Guess Turkey Pt is an option, or running all the way from SP.

Ive been crabbing more evenings anyway, less crowded and for the most part, equally productive.

Chris

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
Which means it wont be long before Oak Grove raises fheir prices like they did years ago to control the volume. Cant blame them, as they explained to me, their first responsibility is to slip holders.

Guess Turkey Pt is an option, or running all the way from SP.

Ive been crabbing more evenings anyway, less crowded and for the most part, equally productive.

Chris
Or truxton which has a no-wake area but its much more sheltered water in the wind than SP.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Sorry I was in tunnel vision mode. The only time I ever used Pier 7 or Oak Grove was to crab the South. Other than that, for bay access it's Sandy Point.

Crabs on the brain, sorry.

Parking at Oak Grove is restricted to the access road.

Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts