Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Wednesday and before I started the motor I checked the oil reserve (unscrewed the cap and put it back on). I have a Murcury 150 (2 stroke) and I fill the oil from the top and it goes to about a 3 or 4 gal reserve tank in the bottom (Pro-Line 20 Walk). Well we were running for about 15 min and started to hear a little noice (buzz) on and off again (not solid) I couldn't tell where it was comming from. (I used to have a johnson on another boat and if it ran out of oil it was a consistent noice). Well I turned off the motor unscrewed the cap in the bottom and put it back on. I also did this to the top cap... started the motor and trolled all day and came in with no problem.. Could this have been the oil pressure cage? Maby a vaper lock or something...

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
You've got air trapped in the reserve tank. With the motor running, slowly crack the cap on the reserve tank and release the air. this will release teh air and allow the tank to completely fill with oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.