Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a rod that is made for wire line. they are usually longer than the average trolling rod and have a lot more give to make up for the lack of stretch in the wire. I know that seeker makes one but im not sure of the model number or series, or if anyone has another suggestion i would appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I used a penn Senator rod 3/0 & 4/0 for wire line, when I bought them, several years ago, they have all-roller guides, the first one from the reel is a double, so that the line is always in contact with the rollers, and the rollers are stainless, all bearing Aftco's,(I think).

At the time I purchased them they retailed for about $ 139.00 ea., but I got lucky and found a store that was closing them out, wish i'da bought more of them. I do not know if they are still available ?

Working with wire line can be a pain, gotta be careful not to kink it, and have to be careful how you place the rod in the holder, then again when you pick up the rod with a strike, so the wire stays on the rollers, I started with 6-of them, now I only use 2-occasionally.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
rods

I am looking for a rod that is made for wire line. they are usually longer than the average trolling rod and have a lot more give to make up for the lack of stretch in the wire. I know that seeker makes one but im not sure of the model number or series, or if anyone has another suggestion i would appreciate it.
----If your speaking of rods, to properly troll large Bunker Spoons , Most in this Catagory are custom made to your specs---Myself, I have several that WERE old time Surf rods I found in Hock shops or on line ---These were Rebuilt with Guides for wire & Shorter slick butts, as the surf version has long butts ---You may want to look on Nothern neck section of the board --Believe some Good info there ---Good luck ---geo.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
What you're looking for is not a noodle rod in the classical sense. It's actually a quite heavy weight (30-50#), slow action rod.

The rod you're looking for is a Seeker BA 1153M-8' WL or a BA 1153M-9' WL.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
What about a Fiberglass blank/rod generally made for fishing with downriggers?

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
What about a Fiberglass blank/rod generally made for fishing with downriggers?
Most if not all slow action rods are glass or glass/carbon hybrids. In this case just about any slow to moderate action rod will suffice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts