Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crew: Mike, Mike Kim, Josh, Kyle, and Wes.

Played hooky from work Wed after seeing another weekend blowout. Made the run to a sliver of warm water at the Norfolk Canyon. Found 72 degree water surrounded by 67-68. Massive, well-formed weedlines in the middle of the canyon loaded with bailer and some gaffer mahi. After having all our carefully rigged baits ravaged on the troll, we pulled up to a giant weedline and bailed one after the other. OK guys, while they are fun to bail, remember somebody has to clean them all. :D After bailing for an hour or so decided to drop for blueline tiles since we had all the trolling gear put away. Boxed a bunch of tiles 5-10 lbs each, many doubles. Fish box is near full but get back on the troll. The canyon was pretty lifeless except the weedline so we trolled it hoping for some bigger mahi or a wahoo or 2 but mostly bailers with a few gaffers.

Tally:
42 mahi
24 tiles
4 seabass
a dozen tinker mackeral for bait.

Sunny, warm skies, flat seas, full fish box, what a great weekday escape from reality.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
:rockingreport: Hey Mike...I'm writing this at 9pm. I'm surprised y'all aren't still cleaning fish. Great job and congrats to you and your crew on a GREAT day!!

Ed

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Pretty work, Mike and crew. And a beautiful day out there too....

I had a wonderful day at work.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Good on ya Mike and crew! Heard you on the radio:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Good work man - geez what a cleaning job, but a good problem to have. Never found crew for the overnighter, sure woulda been pretty out there.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Awesome mike and crew!! Got fish???? Lol

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Great load of nicer class bailers & the fat tiles also. I see where all the good grass is now.

Pretty work capt & crew.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
nice work thats a hell of a weedline would think there was a hoo around but no love, can you say electric knife!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Nice catching, Mike!!! Looks like it was great day to be on the canyon. Did you try for any grouper and goldens or were the fish boxes too full?

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice catching, Mike!!! Looks like it was great day to be on the canyon. Did you try for any grouper and goldens or were the fish boxes too full?
Greg, we did a couple of drops but didn't spend much time as we wanted to get back on the troll as the conditions seemed right to me for tuna, wahoo or bigger mahi.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts