Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a little later start than we wanted to due to alarm clock issues...but we managed to pull away from Rudee at 4:30am. Got to the NE corner at 7:30 to find what looked like the Walmart parking lot, surprising for a Wednesday. Heard the SeaChange boated some eyeballs and a few other boats were getting some decent bites. Most of the boats were getting covered up with shorts from what was being said on the radio. We had lines in the water at 7:45 and our first dolphin at 8, followed by another at 8:30 which went in one side of the transom box and jumped out of the other side back into the water. Decided to leave the crowd and trolled south all by ourselves. Found a tree floating which had some nice gaffers on it, we managed to boat three of them. Then we started to get our tuna bites. We boated 3 without any company and by the time we finished fighting the 4th we had plenty of company. Left for a little while to let the crowd thin out, came back an hour later and boated 2 more. We ended up with 6 YFT 40 - 50#s. There are some nice fish out there and I hope the wind this weekend does not screw things up!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the report! I've been wondering how yesterday turned out as I want to go but didn't want to ditch out of work. Was it glass out there?

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's great work. It sure was busy out there. We ended up with 4 mahi and all our tuna were undersized. Congrats!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was a little bumpy from Rudee to the other side of the shipping channel and then it flattened out. I ran 24 kts on the way out and 31 on the way back in. It was a lake on the way in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts