Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good boat and captain to charter out of OI for grouper snapper ect. What the best time of year to catch these fish? How far offshore and how deep do they fish? What species can I expect to catch?
Thanks

Tim

·
Registered
64 Posts
OI Is mainly a tilefish, black sea bass fishery.
The live bottom fishery starts out of Hatteras. Book The Miss Hatteras. She does all day offshore trips. One other choice is to call Oden's Dock. I am sure he can book you .
I think the 280 rocks are the futherest north the fishery starts and that is during sept- oct.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Further south than you request, but.......

Atlantic Beach // Capt. Stacy Fishing Center // Capt. Bobby Freeman

The gentleman specializes in bottom fishing. He's not one of those six-pack charter boats that will go bottom fishing 'only if he has to' to get paid. This is what he does & he does it well. As a matter of fact he got a limit of groupers today (5/18)...along with a bunch of beeliners, etc.

I saw some really nice American Reds on the dock around the Capt Stacy Center last week also.

Jay

·
Registered
805 Posts
As Dfishwiz said.
Morehead and south of there is where I would start if I was you. There is plenty of them out of Hatteras on those deep wrecks but they been chaise/fished too often.
I have had better luck on the deep ledges and for the most part i get to take the fish up in ONE PIECE.

Good luck, Spearo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts