Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Left Lynnhaven around 8:45 to make the outgoing tide in the North Channel with Captain Lyle and passengers with calm seas. Thing were slow to begin with, but managed 7 stripers up to 40 inches before the tide slacked off drifting eels. Critter and company were also fishing the area so we were able to cover more ground by keeping in touch with each other. Decided to troll as the tide turned about a mile west of the 4A with 4 umbrella rigs with lots of birds working. Able to finish up getting our limit of 10 in just 15 minutes. Nothing large to brag about, but at least a cooler full of fish. Lucky for us it was just in time as the front came in and the winds picked up. Did catch a striper with mono coming out of its underside. Upon cleaning it, attached to the mono was a hook fully intact. Proof that cutting a line with the hook does slowly pass through the fish's body.

Captain Lee
Copy Cat

·
Registered
303 Posts
lee.that sure was nice getting some pullage,allthough these fish must have looked like bait after the last 2 weeks of jumbos that the copycat has bagged.i'll be enjoying a nice lineside filet tonight,as the last few trips have been tog trips,and some think i'm ill,but i prefer striper over tog anyday.mmmmmm good.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Critter, you guys left too early and missed a great ride back in the fresh breeze with the cool mist of spray as it found its way through the canvas on the flybridge.

Thanks for the tips and glad you guys found some nice fish.

By the way, WGAF :D

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
That's some good fishing Lee and Lyle. Nothing like a little cold salt spray to keep you on your toes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts