Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2nd time this year heading out tomorrow from West River. Fished Sunday just above TPL around the ships and finished over by Gum Thicketts, ran by some a small school of breakers by Gum. No Biters. i have never been to the bridge, i usually go to popular or south. All the talk is above the bridge and i am starving. So i am headed north, not sure were just north. east or west and help would be greatly appreciated. McDonalds Filet-O-Fish is getting rough.

Thanks in advance.
John from Fairfax,

·
Registered
264 Posts
There is plenty of fish above the bridge, head towards love point, dumping grounds or the mouth of the magothy. I'll be out at love point on ch 72 if you need help once you're out there.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Has anyone spotted any breakers north of bridge?? We fished north of bridge few days ago & Spotted no surface activity. Although we put a couple nice fish in boat. No birds workin. A few pods of bait but no fish under them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, after bouncing around the anchored ships, marked lots of fish. Saw other charters working the area, everybody switching places. They were moving around a lot so maybe no fish for them also. So jumped over to Gum, was going to work the ridge down to BPL, saw just a few marks on the ridge heading south. very slow put a heading on gps for West River. sat back just watching the GPS/Fish finder for a good 5 mins. thinking great day, no fish kinda of Su##s. Got up for some reason just to my left saw a pretty good splash, then another, and another. bubbling water a good 50' x 100' area, no birds. i ran my left board over it, no takers. saw a few big marks below. no takers. as quick as i saw it, it was gone. ZionCharters, i might give you a call on 72, i should be on the water by 9am, In the fall i might give you call about your fish/bird hunt. Never hunted before. Last year saw a bunch of boats duck hunting off popular and South river. Need to try that also.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a similar occurrence last Sunday off Tilghman Point. I was by myself and had just set out a small 4 rod spread when the splashes were about 150 yards ahead. By the time I got the trolling rods back in and my jigging rod out they were gone. I didn't even have to troll over them to put them down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went out Friday. Was going to love, lot of charters around the bridge so I hung out there for the day. Managed 4 18". The bay is a big place. Sail boat came from my left on A straight angle from easily 1000 yards right at me. He was with in 10 feet of my boards heading straight into my boat. He made I contact the whole time. I had to speed up to 20mp. Change course. He follow my ass for a another 300 yards. 4 of 8 rods tangled. The he does sail change and flips a 180 in a second. What a ducuce bag. I understand right of way. But they can make slight rudder changes to avoid boats as well.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Went out Friday. Was going to love, lot of charters around the bridge so I hung out there for the day. Managed 4 18". The bay is a big place. Sail boat came from my left on A straight angle from easily 1000 yards right at me. He was with in 10 feet of my boards heading straight into my boat. He made I contact the whole time. I had to speed up to 20mp. Change course. He follow my ass for a another 300 yards. 4 of 8 rods tangled. The he does sail change and flips a 180 in a second. What a ducuce bag. I understand right of way. But they can make slight rudder changes to avoid boats as well.
If your trolling your a burdened vessel you have the right of way . You should have videoed him .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i could not believe what was happening. we were looking at each other for a good 200 yards and he just kept coming and continued, never attempted to change course and he was moving faster than me. i was worried about saving me gear. i am not sure on the laws/rules or the outcome. Who would i even call. Coast Guard about my gear. if he hit my boat yes Coast Guard. not even a sorry. nothing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts