Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went chumming North of Sewer pipe Saturday morning. Flat calm out. Even had a pontoon boat trolling planer boards around us. Doesn't get any more laid back than that. Had our 4 fish limit of 24" - 32" in under and hour. Ran two rods with 1/2 oz and two rods with 1 oz. Current was ripping. 1/2 oz was definitely what they wanted. You would hook them and they would immediately be up on the surface. Beautiful morning on the water. The drive back to Wye Mills from Annapolis, not so much.

Went clamming and crabbing on Sunday on Indian River and came home with plenty of clams and crabs. It was one of those rare weekends when it all seems so easy. I'll probably pay for this for the rest of the year:))

·
Registered
11 Posts
Very good week end it is been good above the BB.How deep where you? I would like to go for some flounders on Indian River.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We were in about 25' of water. it was no secret, right in the mix of all the other boats that are out in that spot every day right now.

The weekend before we fished out of Indian River between A and B buoy. We got pently of bites and caught a few. I think if we had a drift sock we would have hooked a lot more. Flounder fishing has been good off Indian River, especially for those who know how to flounder fish (I don't do it enough).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Went chumming North of Sewer pipe Saturday morning. Flat calm out. Even had a pontoon boat trolling planer boards around us. Doesn't get any more laid back than that. Had our 4 fish limit of 24" - 32" in under and hour. Ran two rods with 1/2 oz and two rods with 1 oz. Current was ripping. 1/2 oz was definitely what they wanted. You would hook them and they would immediately be up on the surface. Beautiful morning on the water. The drive back to Wye Mills from Annapolis, not so much.

Went clamming and crabbing on Sunday on Indian River and came home with plenty of clams and crabs. It was one of those rare weekends when it all seems so easy. I'll probably pay for this for the rest of the year:))
Forgive the new guy but where is the Indian River and Sewer PLant? Chumming with what? What were you using for bait?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Didn't come down to Sandy Point yesterday because my Windfinder App said winds were supposed to 9-14 Knots all day yesterday down in Annapolis. Accuweather predicted the winds too. I ignored the 9 kt wind forecast last Friday (7/24) and the winds made fishing impossible (for me anyway). To hear that the water was calm yesterday and that I didn't make the trip down just kills me.

maybe i need to get a different weather app. What app/site does everyone use to check the weather forecast for the bay?

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I'm interested in the Indian River flounder part of the report. Is there any areas I could fish off of land for flounder. I don't have a boat. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Fish weather app

·
Registered
575 Posts
Direction of wind is more important than speed of the wind...if the wind is blowing 15mph from the Northwest, the west side of the bay will have small waves and the east side will be very choppy. If the wind is blowing straight down the bay, you can find refuge on the south side of eastern bay, south side of Poplar Island etc.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Try the 'wind alert' app..I've only ignored it twice and payed the price with barley fishable conditions( I guess it was the optimist in me thinking it wouldn't be blowing as hard as the app forecasted).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.