Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heading down to breezy point on Friday from Lancaster, not sure to head south and go toward parkers or go north toward Chesapeake beach, had some luck in the spring time catching near Chesapeake beach, but since it isn't spring time , I figured I would a ask

·
Registered
973 Posts
I fished that area for many years.Late in the year i always head south and fish deep.There will probably be a few big migrants caught in the next few days or week if i had to bet.Get some big baits out and set some deep baits like 25'.Good luck.Tylers has a great selection of 12" shads.Big fish love them.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok everyone , south it is , will be in a light blue 21 ft sea hunt dual console, will give a shout on 68 for any-- tfs -- or yell for buddy on 68 thanks

·
Premium Member
26,256 Posts
Hot Tuna - There is a ramp at Chesapeake Beach - behind water park. Only trouble - fixed bridge has about 8 foot clearance , depending on tide.
Full moon Weds night will likely still make for higher - high tides.

Other option is Breezy Point marina. So / so ramp on dirt / gravel parking lot. No bridge to go under and puts you south of radar screens.

If you use Breezy - put a waypoint near jetty. Coming back - no real land mark to guide you in.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Skip gives great info. I recommend looking towards north beach (north) 30-35' before looking south or straight out in 35-50'. We got the limit today in front of Chesapeake beach 21-25" fatties. I find the ramp very easy and wide.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. Running a 24 Mckee Craft CC so Chesapeake Beach ramp is out so looks like we'll be trying the Breezy point marina ramp. Was hoping to do some jigging but it sounds like trolling is the way to go. Thanks again

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well the way the rod was bent , we had a real nice one come unhooked , picked up a nice 25 incher, then found some birds to jig , and caught smallies, nice day to be on the water

1 - 17 of 17 Posts