Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to OI for a quick Striper trip tomorrow.. Anyone heard which direction the fish might be? Up or down the Beach?

thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I saw a bunch of boats (looked to be about 10-15 boats) about 2-3 miles offshore around Southern Shores/Duck this morning about 10 or so. I saw a few boats leaving OI at noon today and they were all turning North.

The parking lot at OIFC was full at noon....lots of small boats out...was also surprised at the number of charters that were out...looked to be about 8-10.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Todays comfirmed bite (text message) was 18 nm north 2-3 off the beach but I don't think you even need to run that far. Should be fish much closer also. Im stuck up here in NV working but wish I could make it. Looks like the weather is gonna be great. If I were down I would do both (in & offshore) on a overnight bonanza. I was tempted but won't be off work tommoro till 2:00pm so wouldn't have enough time to get down/ready. Good luck to all that go!!!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
North it is then. Just pulled in haven't seen it this still in a looong time. Not a breath of wind. Feel your pain Bill Lord knows I have read plenty of your reports from my WORK. It sucks for sure. Thanks for the intel.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well. 18nm north was correct. Plenty of fish, tons of boats and flat calm. The ocean was like glass and everyone was catching fish. A lot of big fish mix in with a variety of baits working. I must say I have NEVER seen the parking lot that full that early. By day break it was full out to the main entrance. Thanks again for the intel and if you can get down while the wx is good its worth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts