Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never hunted this duck blind location but will soon. It is located on the north point of Pleasure Island and is typically productive. Can anyone offer any information about approach by boat, water depth, set up, decoy placement and wading conditions? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
site 17 info

we hunted the #15 site--other end of pleasure island--last split. pay attention to the wind of course and if you can set up on the inside of the island i would prefer that to the bay side--too many rollers from boats and ships bumping you up and down if you hunt out of the boat like we did.

bayside of island has sandy beach--inside of island has a lot more rocks and boulders to contend with--we saw bluebills and a few mallards during the last split

we normally hunt in browns cove and can hear any shooting at the island and it's been real quiet the last 3 days.

good luck

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I was at 15 this morning and 18 yesterday morning. Didn't pull the trigger once. They just haven't been flying. And the few birds you see are either in a hurry or very skittish. The guys at 17 got a couple yesterday though.

Seems like there were more birds around last year, maybe because the fall/winter was milder.

·
Registered
27 Posts
duck info

i'm lucky enough to have a little free time on my hands this hunting season:thumbup: and i pretty much have been keeping an eye:eek2: on browns cove--hawks cove to some--on an almost daily basis this season. last week--all week-- i know i watched at least 2000--no exxageration:nono:-ducks on the water-in huge rafts between breezy point and rocky point.

now the 3rd split starts and the birds ain't to be seen:wacko:for the last 2 days:helpsmilie:

tomorrow is another day--it's supposed to blow from the east :clap:which is unusual this year and we'll see what that wind and the rain do for movin the birds. :yes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll answer my own questions in case anyone comes looking in the future. There is plenty of cover right out to the point. Boat access to the N and S are safe. There is a shallow underwater point that extends 40 yds +/- from the point, you would need to go out around this shoal if you remain under power. Wading is possible close to shore on both the N and S side of the point and out onto the shoal, but you'll need the boat to get your decoys out more that 15 yards. The bottom is firm. Set up puddle ducks on the lee side, divers off the point, and robo duck close to the point for better visibility. Stay alert birds can approach from any direction at any time. As always secure your boat and check on it regularly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts