Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone doing any catching? I need a whiff of a hint!! Heading out of Ptap Saturday morning. What's my best option, North (Pooles), South (TPL) or East (LP)? I plan to troll but will have jigging sticks too.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I would say south..... The bite north of the bridge has been hit or miss.....not sure how far south you are willing to go but the bite between chesepeak beach and breezy pt has been good in 35-50 feet..... I ran down there last Friday and got a 3 man limit of fall beauties up to 30in trolling a mix of 6&9 inch baits

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Anyone doing any catching? I need a whiff of a hint!! Heading out of Ptap Saturday morning. What's my best option, North (Pooles), South (TPL) or East (LP)? I plan to troll but will have jigging sticks too.
Of course. It's been a banner year
Banged some nice fish last week upto 34inch mouth of patapsco on lite tackle. Today I went north at 2 pm and found them to 28inch north of hart miller. Lite tackle is hot. 2oz crippled herring long drifts. I'm a troller though and heard they did well today What a great year it's been. Many 28-30+ fish all year for me. Fish still north of Patapsco and shallow at 15-20 feet. Can't give to much more. The gill netter guys are out killing fish but yes plenty around

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I hate to run over fish hoping to find fish but I think we all do it. I've caught fish in the Angle last two trips and last trip had floor to ceiling fish on the scope but no bites. It's my last hurrah so I'm gonna run south.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trolled the mouth of the Patapsco today, pretty much the same thing for the last month. Caught 8 fish kept 2, a 24" and a 27". Baits down deep and slow. Umbrellas with heavy weight were the hot rigs. Done for the year, great year from Pooles to the P-tap.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What size baits where you trolling in the ptap? Six inch has been good all year in that area.

·
Registered
12 Posts
6" shad bodies on 2 and 3 oz. ruby lip bucktails and spro bucktails behind umbrella rigs or two bucktails on opposite arms of umbrella has been working all fall. The hottest lure in the spread every fall though has been a bucktail with corn yellow hair and white 6" shad. That lure in tandem or behind umbrellas always produces, we always have at least 3 or 4 out in the fall. The real key in the p-tap this time of year is getting deep. Rigs running 30-35' deep in the 50' channel caught today.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Burned 65 gallons running to Sharp's Island light and back, furthest trip ever for me. I feel better about heading that way in the future having done it once.

3 of us caught 40 fish, 38 shorts jigging 2 oz stingsilvers, 1 keeper at 23 on a 1.5 inch silver rattletrap in the tide line just above the bridge, 1 short trolling on a 2/4 tandem with 16oz inline near the C/R buoy. It seemed we could catch fish jigging where ever we wanted to. Ended the day in a weird wind/current situation, bailing shorts under the west bound span of the bridge. There was surface current creating what looked like rapids, flowing south, and when we dropped straight down our lures went north and the boat sat still in one spot!

We passed pods of boats at Chesapeake and the South and Baltimore light. We never saw anyone catch a fish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts