Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
***PAID ADVERTISEMENT***

Seventh Annual Northern Virginia CCA Chapter Banquet and Fundraiser

The Northern Virginia CCA Chapter is pleased to invite you to our Seventh Annual Banquet and Fundraiser taking place on Saturday, March 3rd, 2007 at 6:00 pm.

You do not have to be a CCA member to attend - this is open to the public.

This year's event will be at:

Shriners Kena Temple
9001 Arlington Boulevard
Fairfax, VA 22030.

Our donors and supporters have provided a wide array of Auction items that are sure to impress - over $20,000 of Merchandise - some of which is listed below:

Costa Rica Casa Mar Resort Fishing Trip
Pura Vida Bahamas Trip
Many Charter/Guided Fishing trips -
- Ocean City Tuna Trip
- CBBT Cobia Trip
- CBBT Plugging/LT Trip
- Mid Bay Charter Trip
- 3 Mid Bay Guided Trips
- Potomac River (Fletchers) guided trip
- Piankatank Dragon Run Guided trip
- Rappahannock River Guided trip
- Lake Anna guided Trip
- Lower Potomac @ Cobb Island striper trip
- OBX Light Tackle trip - Oregon inlet area
- Cape Cod summer Striper Trip

LL Bean Old Town Predator 160 Canoe - (in the Super Raffle)
One week at Sea Ranch in Kill Devil Hills, NC -
Matched pair of Shimano TLD-15 with trolling rods
Several Fly Fishing Outfits
Special limited edition GL loomis CCA signature Rod w/ Shimano Stradic
St. Croix Rod (Tidemaster)and Reel Set

Several Golf Packages
Light Tackle Lures
Clydes gift card
Several Fly Collections
Several pieces of Framed Artwork - numbered and signed
Custom made Quilt in "Virginia Reel" pattern
Pedicure/Manicure certificate
Wizards tickets
Caps tickets
Lee Wulff collectible book

and many more items....

We are extremely grateful to all of our Supporters and thank them for their part in helping CCA Conserve, Protect, and Restore our resources.

This Fundraiser will help our Chapter with many activities this year, including the "Save a Kid - Catch a Fish" trip we host each summer, guest speakers, and our contributions to the State CCA office who lead our conservation efforts.

Our Banquet is an excellent opportunity to meet many fellow conservationists, pick up some very nice Auction items, and have a great time!

This year's event will be catered, featuring Hors D'oeuvres, Carved Roast Beef station, and a Full Bar.

Cost:

Single Ticket (includes new Membership or Renewal), $50
Two Tickets (includes one New Membership or Renewal), $100
You may also purchase a Sponsor table for eight for $500.00 - and receive a $100 discount coupon for any Live auction item.

Our Banquet Committee Members will be happy to help you answer questions or obtain tickets.

John Bello, 703-736-2621
Carl Onesty, 703-407-8921
George Lenard, 703-303-5125
Tom Welch, 703-201-6100
Ernie Rojas, 203-912-2173
Rob Allen, 703-626-2668

With your support, we can help improve our Fishery and natural resources - Please accept our invitation to join us on March 3rd.

Thank you!

Rob Allen

***PAID ADVERTISEMENT***
For details how you can have your announcement pinned to the top of the message board contact Brandon via private message or via email at [email protected]. The prefect options for charter captains, guides, tournament announcements, and event announcements. $55/week, $35/week for non-profits.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Echo -

One of the Members wives is making a quilt and donating it to the auction - I am sure a lot of time will go into this one - I am know expert - but i was told that there is a pattern called the Virginia Reel (not fishing reel) and it is quite nice - .

We alway try to find a way to get a variety of items to offer - and we are very happy for this donation.

If you would like more detail - I can find out - just let me know - Thanks for the inquiry - hope to see you at the event!!

Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
CCA Banquet!!!

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the post on this years' CCA-NVA banquet -- count me in to be there this year!! I would not miss it -- we always have a ball and love the loot! I'd like to purchase one sponsor table for eight for me and my fishing buddies.

BTW, just forget about holding a raffle for the LL BEAN hunting & fishing canoe because I plan to win it for sure!! :hammer: :surrender: :rockon: Sweeeet!!!

See you March 3rd -- cheers...

Tom
"On The Fly"
:boat: :boat: :boat:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More Items...!!!

Thanks for the replies -

We have added some more Items that may be of interest -

Orvis T3 w/ Lg Arbor - 10 weight outfit
Flat Screen HDTV to spice up the Super raffle
6 Megapixel Canon Digital Camera - also for the Super Raffle
Nice Box of Cigars
a very cool Print of a Kingfisher bird - Framed.

and more that is not listed on my original post -

C'mon out and help support our event - you may just win something nice!!

Rob

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
CCA

Coastal Conservation Association

joincca.org

·
Registered
885 Posts
CCA

Who we are

CCA was established in 1977 after fourteen founding sport fishermen, dismayed by disappearing game fish populations, decided to band together and work to make things better for our coastal resources. Today, CCA state chapters span the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic from Texas to Maine, addressing marine conservation issues on a local, state and national level. CCA is one of the largest 501(c)(3) non-profit marine conservation organizations in the United States.

Conserving your resource

Concerned anglers like yourself have joined CCA and achieved conservation successes such as game fish status for red drum and billfish, net bans in four states, and the prohibition of many destructive gear types. In Maryland, CCA has been a leader in efforts to restore striped bass, menhaden, yellow perch, crabs and oysters. Our long-term goal is to ensure that Maryland adopts strategies for managing our tidal fisheries for maximum practicable abundance that are consistent with promoting conservation and the wise use of the state's limited fisheries resources.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Kiko,

Nicely put -- good response!! If you would like to see what people and agendas CCA has, pleases join us at our annual "Save A Fish" banquet tomorrow night! I have been a member in CCA since it began with the "Redfish" movement in Texas in late 1977 and 1978! We focus our marine fisheries interest on the Chesapeake and Potomac water shed, as well as the VA Marine coastal marine fish

·
Registered
885 Posts
Being on the banquet committee, I have had a 1st hand look at all the bucket raffle items as well as the live and silent auction items. They are superb!!

I just received a dozen salt water flies made by Tony Friedrich (Pres. of Kent Narrows CCA) for the auction and they are better than outstanding....A WORK OF ART!

Can't wait until tomorrow night!

Ernie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great turnout tonight and everyone seemed to have a good time --- and CCA-NVA did well in its efforts to raise those all important funds to help us with our goals to make the Chesapeake and Coastal Marine Fisheries a better place for all boaters and anglers alike!!

Thanks for all who attended and made this event a big success -- and as usual, thanks to our good buddies from So.MD CCA who always reciprocate with a visit to our annual banquet -- and a special thanks to Bill Curry who I believe is the only conservation-minded fisherman that spends more money on raffles than I usually do, with even smaller number of wins!!

We love you Hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :wacko: :clap:

Reagards,

Tom
"On The Fly"

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
THANKS!!!

The results are not yet final - but we believe that this was our most successful fundraiser in the seven years we have been doing this -

Thanks to all of our GENEROUS Donors - The List is Long - we could not have done this without your support - And providing the Fabulous Auction items.

Thanks to the Folks who attended and bid on these items - Enjoy your prizes -We hope to see you again next year.

Thanks to the Hard working committee members and their families - You all have worked many hours to make this a fun and enjoyable event -

As Tom noted ... we need to continue to pay attention to conserving and protecting our Bay and Coastal resources -

Rob Allen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts