Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any chapters that meet in a smoke free envirnment? I smoked for twenty years, have not touched a cigarette in eight years and if I smell one I honestly have trouble breathing. I would like to attend the meetings but am unable to because Pebbles is not smoke free. Not campaigning against the smoking, people can smoke if they want to.I'm just looking for a place I can go.

·
1,295 Posts
The Essex-Middle River Chapter is not smoke free but it's in a very large hall with a high ceiling. Additionally, smoking is restricted to a small portion at one end of the room. It's worked out well for 3 years for everyone. Stop by and check it out one night. Our next meeting is Feb. 20 and will feature Marty Gary from the DNR talking about the DNR's Cooperative Anglers Rockfish Survey.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
boater2 2000,
i have never been a smoker and i probably am not a sensitive to it as you are but i don't think Pebble's is bad.
my wife is a former smoker and she is quite sensitive, too.
she knows when i have been to a smokey bar by the smell on my clothes but she has never said anything when i come home from there.
it may be the area or the people you sit with.
we sit near the front of the room and can't think of anyone (off the top of my head) who smokes up there.
we would hate to see you go elsewhere for the meetings.

let's see if we can find a comfortable solution for you before you try somewhere else.

if there is enough interest we could see about moving the smokers to one area of the room to reduce their impact on us.
it may be something you can bring up to new President Mark prior to a meeting to see if they would consider doing something like the Essex-Middle River guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts