Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After catching white every time for months, I didn't catch one perch yesterday. I hope they didn't move out of the shallow water yet. The water got so clear I could see the bottom. I don't like that. I guess when water Temp. drops the water clears up and the perch move out to deeper water. I guess?? I will give it a try at my other area Wed. I'm talking about fishing off the piers in Oxford MD. the Tred Avon River. Hope they didn't leave the shallows. I was having fun.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
andypat; are they calling for your area to get the amount of rain they are saying we here in South Eastern Virginia are forecasted to get? They say we have a good chance of rain every day through next Thursday. Also cooler temps along with the rain by the end of next week. Of course by the end of next week we'll be into early October and it sure is time for the cooler temps to start to show up.

Acey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will have to check the weather. The rockfish/stripers are starting to break on the bait fish now that the Water Tem. is dropping. If I still had boats I would be posting rockfish reports and pictures almost every day. Thanks Acey! PS. Pat/wife and I just eat a dozen #1 steamed crabs from this area of Chesapeake Bay. They were good. Now is the time. They are nice and heavy.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andypat; are they calling for your area to get the amount of rain they are saying we here in South Eastern Virginia are forecasted to get? They say we have a good chance of rain every day through next Thursday. Also cooler temps along with the rain by the end of next week. Of course by the end of next week we'll be into early October and it sure is time for the cooler temps to start to show up.

Acey
Not too bad, IMO. Except for the wind.
Day High/Low Cond Precip Wind Humidity

Today

Oct 2

61°F 56°

rain
Rain/Wind
100%

NNE 31 mph

84%

rain