Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Canoed in Allen's fresh for the first time today. Saw bank anglers catching a lot of smallish male yellow perch on incoming tide (i was there at tail end of incoming). Got a report when I arrived that an early boat had caught a bunch of white perch up the creek.
As I ventured up, sure enough saw a couple wp caught and eventually caught a couple myself then the tide turned and breezed picked up...and I was pretty wet so I decided to head in.
Was my first trip to Allen's Fresh, think I'll try a gain once the run is really on.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hey Kevin--I must've just missed you. I didn't have much luck. I headed a couple miles downstream to some deeper water. Saw marks but couldn't coax a bite. Didn't have any luck closer to the bridge, either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you probably got there earlier than me....LOL. When I arrived I had planned on launching under the bridge but there were too many bank anglers, i did not want to bother them so I launched by the little creek just south. Pretty shallow there, I ran aground a few times and had long paddle to the creek. I may have seen you in the distance if you were way down the inlet.

My new plan: 1)get minnows 2) check the tide 3) wear waders 4) bring coffee......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.