Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I gave it a try and zip . Tried several baits and not even a hit . The river was running pretty decent and hit all the usual spots and no channels or anything else ? Fished deep and not so deep , guess the water is too cold ? Dan

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
what part Dan ? where were you - notta long windy critter - from the bank? in a boat ? close to home......up by Ft pickette ? below the damn ? answer these and you got yourself a REAL report

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Racn ,
Heading 58 west it's the next exit passed 714 ( can't think of the road # ? ) . I have fished there this past year numerous times and always got something . The public boat ramp that's right by the railroad bridge . I tell you what I was dumb enough to go yesterday ( by myself ) and with just a trolling motor and I played hell getting back up river ! I know what an idiot huh ?? Lol Like I said I am content with just catching catfish ( big or small ) but I don't know what I'm doing in colder weather . I would like to try the spot that Kepone was talking about but I need to redo my transom for the 9.9 first. Anyone having any luck on the Nottaway during the winter ?Thanks Dan P.s usually I stay close to the ramp when I just have the trolling motor.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
ok i got ya - i have a 12ft jon boat too i fish with around here alot in too - but i also got a 24 footer inboard for the offshore ocean and bay - once i go with them fellas up there a time or 2 i amy haul mine up there next fall......naw i wont wait till fall......lets go now !! if i went up there and caught a dozen fish that weighed 3 pounds it would just as good to me as 1 that was 36 pounds !

·
Registered
471 Posts
I believe that would be the Hercules Ramp, its right at the bridge on the left correct? Have you ever tried a little further down river? The 258 ramp is nice and the water is a little deeper down there and the river is wider.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Earlyriser,
Yep I believe that's the one. I haven't tried it but I will have to give it a shot , I know there is more bass fisherman than catfisherman thats for sure. I basically fish for a lil bit of everything. Would it just be that they are in alot deeper water now or do they just turn off with the water this cold ? Like I said in another post I have caught channels in the winter months with snow on the ground in Ohio before so I thought it would be the same here . Thanks again . Dan Sorry I have to say it > " GO BUCKEYES " !! Btw I'm on my dads computer this morning thats why its says Joetogman , sorry for the confusion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts