Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crazy day, i wanted to go but have been having a hardtime sleeping at night with the newborn keeping me up and being a light sleeper i never got to sleep until after 1am with the alarm set for 3am. The alarm goes off and i say screw this, i'm tired. 5am comes around and i woke up jumping out of the bed and said i'm going hunting and was out the door in 5 minutes. Arrived in surry county wayyyyy late @ 7:50am i see a doe come past me hauling about 18 yeards away. 15 seconds later here comes a small 10 point 16 inch spread with a droptine. I never even drew back on him. Later on that afternoon i go back to the same spot and a seven pointer comes out about 20 yards away and walks just downwind of me smelling the tinks. He would come ind go away make a circle grunt and then come back but never saw me. He hung out with me for a good 30 minutes or so and made another grunt, out of my left a big 8 comes out and touches horns with the 7 and the 7 backed of. I took a clean shot at 20 yards, he ran 50 yards tops and i heard him crash. If you look at the arrows in the quiver from left to right, the 2nd starting from the left is broke in half. It went through the door out the otherside and stuck in the ground about 5 feet past where he was first hit.The rut is on in full swing, I've seen a ton of deer this past week.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice shot/good deer, I never could find that sweet spot so I gave up the bow and arrow with no regrets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts