Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now is the time to prepare for the year to come.....
I don't know how "serious" a crabber you are but, I'm already starting to cut, bag and salt bull lips...
Just making sure everything is in "order"......making sure my lines are ready to go too.......
Now is the time........
When the season is in full swing......I don't have time to tend to anything else.....
If you got something to take care of to prepare for the "season"....DO IT NOW!

....oh yea, gotta eat some softies and soup too:)

Tony

PS.....thanks to all of those that gave input on my next "move"......again I say thanks!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Gettin ready...

Antman 40, Love that kind of talk! 2007 is going to be a GREAT year, you can bet on it. A day on The Bay pulling lines is better than a day anywhere else on Earth... from my POV. Most people just don't understand.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Ditto!

We have been lucky with the Wx to be able to work on things comfortably.
My gut says this wx wont last and we will get our taste of Old Man Winter.

Frankly, when winter, I want winter. All the pests,verm, frogs, etc need to die off or else it will be a mess when true spring comes.
Geese going north, plants, flowers and trees thinking its spring already. No good.
Although the stripers and WP seem to be cooperating for those with time and a boat not winterized so they can get out.

Does anyone have any historical data to share as to how the crabbing has been after a real mild winter vs harsh?

I am looking forward to SF4 too. Even more I am looking forward to the Ravens/Colts game next Saturday!

Do it now as T says!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am not missing winter at all! This is cold enough for me. We'll have to wait for the dredge report to estimate the 2007 crabbing year but I'll bet it wll be favorable with low winter mortality. I'll just hope the water is cold enough so the crabs don't burn off too much fat!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts