Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're sittin' around with nuttin to do..........

What better time than now to:

Make a new trot line

Build a new snood line

Repair your rings/traps

Make new floats

Place reflective tape on floats

Make spare snoods

Make new T line anchors

Lengthen float/anchor lines

Build a new dip net

Check all gear for wear and damage

Inspect all PFDs

Register boat

Renew fish/crab license(s)

Make that crabbing check list that you were always going to make, but never did

Build a keg steamer now that you have the time

Inspect/grease trailer bearings

Check lights, winch cable, bunks/rollers, springs, coupler, tires, and other trailer parts

Charge battery in boat

Exercise steering cable so it won't freeze up

Figure out what to bring to Snood Fest on Feb. 22

Feel free to add to suggestion list.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Nice list Jerry. Since my boat sank this fall and I lost alot of stuff, I'll have to get busy working on the following off your list:

Build a new snood line

Make new floats (lost)

Place reflective tape on floats (lost)

Make spare snoods

Build a new dip net (lost)

Check all gear for wear and damage: (hole in boat/submerged motor):confused:

Inspect all PFDs (lost)

Inspect/grease trailer bearings

Check lights, winch cable, bunks/rollers, springs, coupler, tires, and other trailer parts

Figure out what to bring to Snood Fest on Feb. 22 (chicken wings:yes:)

see ya

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Whew! You just made me tired already and we are months away and GUNNING season isn't even over!

All kidding aside..you are correct and if any of you are like me the most important thing to make or update is a "List of what to take crabbing". Since I'm more stupid than most people I check my list that's pinned to my garage wall every morning before I leave and it is a good thing! It's easy for me to leave gear behind so even though I load the boat and truck the night before...I check the list before pulling out. It has saved me from ruined trips many times!

Thanks again Jerry - hope everyone had a great holiday! Even you Topfish!:yes:

Bayhead

·
Registered
825 Posts
You must be retired!! I sure wish I could do all that stuff on your list, maybe every three years it gets done!!! Thanks for posting cuz it's a great reference list. Can't wait for summer.

db

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
I have to get everything for the boys new boat myself.
I have a boat,motor and oars.
Anyone have any decent topless Ctpx they want to sell that are still in working order?
Or, anything else you can think of that you might have multiples of. (vests, cushions,anchor, skull and cross bones flag.

I got bux!

Your old stuff may be the boys new stuff.

DB

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I got a 6.5 gal fuel tank, its only ever had reg fuel in it. and a couple of deep cycle batteries, if ya wannahook up a lil depth fnder. I have a little humming bird wide 100 to, but no transducer. and possibly a aluminum extendable gaff. Let me know. All free if you want'em

·
Registered
373 Posts
Polecat's right I have already started some of these projects. Also I like Bayheads idea of a checklist, probably makes for a smooth crabbin trip. See everybody at the snoodfest.

Timbass

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Thanks guys! Ill bmail.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Burchbeer - I think I have several "foxy mate" crab traps still in their original wrapping I'd be happy to give the boys - I'll try to remember to bring them to SF - they are yours FREE - just keep sending pictures of your guys having fun on the water - they are great!:yes:

bayhead

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Man Bayhead, that is awfully generous. Ill keep the pics coming as I am able to. I love the dcam. Hope I dont od folks on the pics. I try not to.

Check Bmail.

Dave

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Burchbeer - I think I have several "foxy mate" crab traps still in their original wrapping I'd be happy to give the boys - I'll try to remember to bring them to SF - they are yours FREE - just keep sending pictures of your guys having fun on the water - they are great!:yes:

bayhead
Why I LOVE the guys on Tidalfish!!

:thumbup::thumbup: very nice gesture bayhead!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
does anyone know where i could get a bigger dip net or how i could make one somthing like a 14" or 16" with a lite aluminum handle ive been lookin around havent found nothing yet? also when and what exactly do you all do at snood fest?

thanks DJ

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
SD,

snood fest is a great time.

It is a place for all of us crabbers to get together to beat the winter doldrums. Generally we eat, and eat alot!! we drink a beer or 5, shoot the Sh*T, and then we pull out our snoods and compare them with other crabbers snoods.

not all snoods are the same you know, so comparison is a must. some guys have long skinny snoods, while others have short thicker snoods. some snoods are old and crinkled, and some are new and handsome.

you can always tell who is the most bored over the winter, cuz they are the ones that have been playing with their snoods the most. they always have some fandangled thing hanging off of their snood, but not me! noooo sir! I like my snoods to be just plain snoods as God intended!

if youre so inclined, come on out and join us in February. Make sure you polish up your snoods, cuz after a few beers you'll be pulling yours out and showing them off as well! but a word of advice...theres a guy on here named Polecat, and he thinks his snoods dont stink! watch out for this guy, but if you run across him dont be intimidated by the size of his snoods. Remember that he baits his snoods just like everyone else.

whats that?....

yeah I said "bait"....what did you think I was talking about :D:D

Damn its gonna be a long winter, Im bored already! :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
does anyone know where i could get a bigger dip net or how i could make one somthing like a 14" or 16" with a lite aluminum handle ive been lookin around havent found nothing yet? also when and what exactly do you all do at snood fest?

thanks DJ
DJ,
I sell the oversized aluminum hoop SS nets.
But mine have wood handles.
I'll have some at Snood Fest $45.
The Aluminum handle nets dont hold up over time.
JMHO

1 - 20 of 31 Posts