Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Now that the ice is gone and there is some water back in the Magothy, I've been wearing out those Mighty Magothy River Snakes and the smaller less exciting Severn Grade Pickles residing in Deep Creek. Because they came out of the magothy, I posted on the CA board to get the maximum exposure. Actually I just found the spot the other day and this is the first time a caught more then 1 pickeral when I was actually fishing for them. How long are you allowed to target pickeral before the season closes??

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
GB-

season closes 3/15 I think thru April. I presume you could C&R them. Though us SRRKCers are going to give them a break for a little while.

Time to start looking for yellas.....and reports are they're thick upriver.....:fishing2:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Hey GB,

Glad to hear you're getting into the pickerel thing... careful, though, it can be addicting!

As UJ said, the season is officially closed from March 15 through April 30. That said, I don't think anyone was keeping any anyways, but it probably is a good time to let them have their "once-a-year-in-the-sack" time before we start bothering them again :)

Have fun!

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Was snooping over on the big board and saw the post where ya got yerself a four boards wide pickerel. Good job :clap: .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts