Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2015/0...mercial-fishing-operation-in-st-marys-county/

Blotter: NRP Investigating Illegal Commercial Fishing Operation in St. Mary's County

May 14, 2015

Maryland Natural Resources Police officers are investigating an illegal commercial fishing operation at the mouth of the Patuxent River in St. Mary's County that resulted in the harvesting of thousands of pounds of undersized croaker.

On Tuesday morning, officers received a complaint about a large number of dead fish floating near Town Creek, a tributary of the Patuxent. Searching the area, officers saw a vessel, the McKenzie Leigh, unloading fish at a nearby pier.

The vessel was holding about 14,000 pounds of croaker and other species of fish, many appearing to be undersized. Seventeen NRP officers from four counties were assigned to measure the entire catch, an effort that took 12 hours. The fish were kept under refrigeration in trucks provided by the waterman.

Approximately 3,500 pounds-or 25 percent-of the catch were found to be undersized. Those fish were seized and returned to the water.

Three fishermen and two men offloading the fish were questioned. NRP officers will be reviewing the evidence with the State's Attorney's Office in St. Mary's County. Charges are pending.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Wonderful, just wonderful. It just won't stop. In addition to any penalties they should have to pay for the cost of those officers counting fish.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
funny how the poaching I saw on the news last week was never mentioned here, must be because it had the dreaded R word in it
You're an ass, it's a rec forum, figured you'd know that TF covers whatever the DNR puts in the blotter concerning large illegal activity. A fish here and there is not what this story is about. Go back to THT and get the banned ones something to bash TF. Jimmy rock head loves it, along with the others.

Did a fly by on THT, seems you boys love to bash people you know nothing about. Stick with fishing, the adolescent **** tells a lot about the" banned from TF "thread. You just can't let it go. Anyone wanting to respond, just give me a phone number.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
first off, Im nothing like your whore mother, second, If this was a rec forum topics about coms shouldn't even come up, rec poaching maybe
First off, my mother died from cancer, a terrible disease. You mom must be proud of you. PM me, I have something I would like to talk about in person. If you have the guts to tough guy. I'm 59 and believe you need a lesson in civility.

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
That is a lot of fish - 14,000 lbs - figuring each one at a pound - perhaps less as many were reported under legal size.

No doubt this will impact local fishing for a while.

Any one want to bet these POS poachers get small fines ?

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Most times Perch , Spot and Croaker are sold whole in smaller seafood stores. Friday is often a big day for these smaller fish.

They are not too expensive - most times $2.00 to $3.00 or so per pound. The buyer can get 7-10 fish for $20.00 or so.

Restaurants do not mess with them too often - unless it's a fish fry / all you can eat type. They do better selling a 4-8 oz piece of larger fish for $15.00 to $ 25.00 - after adding few carrots or potato to plate.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
You're an ass, it's a rec forum, figured you'd know that TF covers whatever the DNR puts in the blotter concerning large illegal activity. A fish here and there is not what this story is about. Go back to THT and get the banned ones something to bash TF. Jimmy rock head loves it, along with the others.

Did a fly by on THT, seems you boys love to bash people you know nothing about. Stick with fishing, the adolescent **** tells a lot about the" banned from TF "thread. You just can't let it go. Anyone wanting to respond, just give me a phone number.
Kinda funny that most who wound up on that "banned" thread didn't commit a violation of the TOS as bad as this.

You agree to not use the Service to:
a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

That is a lot of fish - 14,000 lbs - figuring each one at a pound - perhaps less as many were reported under legal size.

No doubt this will impact local fishing for a while.

Any one want to bet these POS poachers get small fines ?
What poachers? Did I miss something where someone was caught poaching? and were they charged? Seems like it's just an "investigation" at this point.

Maybe we should wait until the investigation is completed and people are charged and the found guilty before we impose any penalties don't ya think?

What ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? (I guess this mentality will get me called a "commercial sympathizer" again)

·
Registered
59 Posts
The fish were kept in a cooler until measured and the undersized were returned the water. I can't imagine any were alive. Why wouldn't they donate the fish to a shelter or a program like Hunters for the Hungry? Why? Because a backass liberal state like Maryland is just dumb enough to do so. It's the only explanation I can come up with.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Kinda funny that most who wound up on that "banned" thread didn't commit a violation of the TOS as bad as this.

You agree to not use the Service to:
a. upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable

Guess you missed his posts, how convenient, SMH I'm thinking you would have blown up if they were to you.

Seen your previous posts, coming off as an angel is a new low for you,. Your other clown evidently chickened out and decided to change what he posted. I broken no rules with my comment.

He will never realize that TF is a rec forum and is interested in large illegal activity. To say everybody does it is reaching. Most caught poaching, don't have a license. Can't call them recs because they never got a license. Can't call them coms, because of no license or a suspended one. Love his debate and opinion excuse, when all he does is get personal with posters. I'm too old to act like the ass he was. How about you.

Investigation, sure, pick and choose any word you want, DNR caught them, returned illegal fish, and bet citations were given. Investigation , lol

It's TF, no one is afraid to post the news from the DNR blotter, you trying to defend people who break the law is surprising, with your past career. Ding Ding Ding LMAO

I have no worries, being honest and civil says a lot. Definitely not afraid of speaking my mind, how about you, LOL.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.