Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How fishable is it going to be this weekend with the current forcast. Shouldn't in close to the beach be reasonable in a 23' boat. Looking at running out of Oyster.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
At present Saturday looks undoable. There may be a window on Sunday but there is a chance of a wintry mix on Sunday and it's going to be cold (but that won't stop me). :D

The problem with NW winds is it really messes up the bay so if you have to travel the bay to get to the VB oceanfront, it will be a long sloppy ride.

.sat...nw winds 20 to 25 kt with gusts to around 30 kt. waves 4 to
5 ft.
.sat night...nw winds 15 to 20 kt. gusts up to 30 kt in the evening.
waves 3 to 4 ft.
.sun...n winds 10 to 15 kt...becoming w 5 kt in the afternoon...then
becoming se in the evening...becoming n after midnight. waves 2 to
3 ft...then 1 foot. a chance of showers.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you are coming out of oyster you are probably fishing off the southern eastern shore seaside and can avoid the bay. It is gonna be windy though.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The oceanfront does not look favorable...

SAT
NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT. SEAS 5 FT...BUILDING TO 6 TO 7 FT IN THE
AFTERNOON.

SAT NIGHT
NW WINDS 25 TO 30 KT...DIMINISHING TO 20 TO 25 KT AFTER
MIDNIGHT. SEAS 6 TO 7 FT...SUBSIDING TO 4 TO 5 FT AFTER MIDNIGHT.

SUN
N WINDS 15 TO 20 KT...BECOMING NE 5 TO 10 KT IN THE AFTERNOON.
SEAS 3 TO 4 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN IN THE AFTERNOON.

I've seen the NW forecast turn N-NE too many times, I won't be trailering to VB this weekendwith the present forecast.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I think you hit the nail on the head Evan...I was washing Bob's hull the other weekend when both of us were side by side on the work rack.

Keith

·
Registered
39 Posts
Tis is a great thread. It is great to hear weather and sea roports from weatherman that have a fishermans heart. This would be a nice thread to maintain and keep going throughout the year? Thoughts? Where do you find accurate weather forecasts showing the areas mentioned in this thread? Thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Took a look at the forecast and there is 100% chance of me and SWMBO going to Charlottesville for the George Strait concert:D

Cheers,
Walt

·
Registered
976 Posts
Tis is a great thread. It is great to hear weather and sea roports from weatherman that have a fishermans heart. This would be a nice thread to maintain and keep going throughout the year? Thoughts? Where do you find accurate weather forecasts showing the areas mentioned in this thread? Thanks.
Go to "NDBC-CHLV2" and click on latest marine forecast 2. This is the National Data Buoy Center and has hourly updates on bouys all over the world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts