Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own some very good quality power tools and amongst these is a Porter Cable 12volt drill, well when living in VB a "friend" managed to drop one of the batteries over board..
this drill is still as strong as the day I bought it but with the need to board up for Hurricanes I decided I really needed to have two batteries... Home Depot and Lowes just gave me a blank deer in the headlight look when I asked if they could order batteries so I went googling...well after Googling for about 4 hrs trying to find one ( come to find PC has discontinued this model battery, they now use a totally different style)
So just for the heck of it I gave Amazon a shot and lo and behold they were there along with some other discontinued models as well...price was nicely discounted ...I bought 3 to be on the safe side...I could have bought a new 14 volt drill with 2 batts on line for what i paid for the 3 batts but this one is bullet proof and utterly dependable.

I may buy that new drill anyway, from Tyler Tools .com

JUST an FYI

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sounds like a "Seek and Ye shall find" kinda thing Bob. I don't know if you have any Batteries Plus stores down there in Valhalla, but if you do, they can replace the batteries in your battery pack for a lot less than a new one. Of course replacing batteries on the bottom of the sea may cost extra!:yes:

·
Registered
638 Posts
And thanks for the link. I found a polisher I've been looking for but have been too cheap to buy it. Found a couple that fit my "Tightwad" budget!:clap:

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Paw Paw...I found several places on line who would replace the insides of the packs but the other is still OK after like 12 years and the bottom of Lynnhaven Creek isn't listed as an authorized repair location for the other one. I've been using Amazon to build my DVD library and have found almost everything I'm looking for at good prices...

enjoy

·
Registered
368 Posts
Amazon

If you routinely patronize the bigger box stores or sporting goods catalog sales companies then Amazon is a place you should always check before making a final purchase.

I recently puchased a Standard Horizon DSC VHF from Amazon because after shopping around they were the best value and had no shipping charges or sales tax.

I also just ordered two camcorder batteries that I've been unable to locate locally for about a two years. I finally remembered to check Amazon and there they were.

Tight lines,
Dan

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always try to patronize the locals first, but sometimes ya just got to go to a bigger source, like the older DVD's there are few places to buy DVD's period here in the keys much less older movies and the nearest best buy is like 100 miles away so Amazon is a no brainer and anything over $25 is free shipping and no tax...works for me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts