Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The good news is my wife said we need a boatlift. Now who where and what kind? I am on the St. Mary's river and with a 23' w/a I was thinking a 8K lift would be plenty.

Any suggestions??

Steve

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a 24 CC with a 300 Yam and 140 gal fuel tank. I top out at 4000 lbs. I have a 10K (2 motor) lift for if/when I upgrade...8K should be plenty

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have a 25.5 W/A on a 8,000 lift. Works great!!! Best thing I ever did was go to a lift. Saves all kinds of maintenance and your not always worrying if your boat has sunk:)

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
I am in the middle of installing a 8K lift with E-Drive built by Magnum - Just had the pilings moved today by Yellow Dog - they are finally down here in SOMD land - lift guy is doing the precise measurements tomorrow and the electrician will run the power to the pier very soon -

Should be a nice addition to the place -

Oh - I am using ABL - they are in your neighborhood -

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Rob,

You like the Magnum e-drive. Mine came through Ernesto no problems (except the switches that I screwed to the dock- won't do that again)

Yellow dog did extensive work for my neighbor to the north and put up a massive pier for my neighbor to the south. Good folks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Make sure you try to have the motors installed high enough that they will stay dry even in an unusually high tidal surge, like we had with Isabel.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
414 Posts
What kind of price would an 8K# lift be? I am docking at a friends house and would like to look at putting a lift in.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Goddards Marine Construction Piney Pint is installing lifts 301-994-3310. I have been told he does a nice job and the lift is aluminum.

The Magnum lift guy from Leonardtown is good for installations but not very good about service.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The 8K lift installed was $4800. That does not include electric, and pilings. I need to add two for the lift.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts