Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As much as I don’t want to, too much time with work and now a family crisis means I have to part with the boat for now.

It’s a 1985 Angler 204WA. I bought it used 3 years ago. Other than being dirty from leaves and needing a clean up, the only other issues are some sponginess around the mates chair post and some trim missing when I bought it that I have never had time to replace. The interior is good for a boat it’s age, cushions are all fine, no head, but you could put a porta-potty in the cabin. The engine runs great and has excellent compression on all cylinders. My understanding is that both heads were replaced by the original owner and these have less than 100 hours; but there is no Hobbs meter to verify that. However the mechanic at Jim’s in Galena told me they were in great shape. The cover for the electronics and steering is off as I had all new gauges installed last year and the transducer cable for the new Garmin. She’s not fancy, but a nice little boat.

Here’s what it’s got:

1985 Angler 204 WA
1985 Johnson 140 V4 w/ spare prop (VRO unit works great)

New Gauge Package
New Fuel Tank Sending unit (50 gallon tank)
Garmin GPS/Map 498-Color w/internal antenna (DSC capable)
New Uniden Solara VHF w/ DSC
New Shakespeare VHF antenna
New Fuel Filter and base
New fuel lines, tank to engine
New Dock Lines
New Fenders
8 Lifejackets in bags (4 new/4 came with the boat in good shape)
Anchor line & chain w/ anchor
New (last year) Bilge pump
New Anchor light and post
New Stainless flush mount rod holders (there are also 3 stern mounted ahead of the motor)

Trailer:

1985 EZ Loader
New lights and wiring
New Tongue Bar…not installed

I’d like to say we got a lot of use out of it, but I let work get way outta control. The times we did get her wet, she was a great ride, the GPS is super and the Fish Finder put us on the fish and we came home with no stink. Right now the family crisis comes first, I’ll have to stick with friends and reading from some great posts from you guys here.

I’m gonna post this in the Classified section as well.

Asking $3000.00

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
839 Posts
Try to upload a photo and I am sure you could sell her quick for that price. good luck. sorry about you having to get rid of her.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry to hear of your decision to part with your Angler and more importantly, I hope your crisis gets a satifactory resolution.

I have an '89 Angler Horizon 204 WA that I repowered in 1999 with a Johnson 150. I bought mine used in '91 and have been amazed at how well she's aged. Although the fiberglass is a bit chalky now, and there are a few nicks and dings in the gelcoat , we really love this little boat!!!

And we haven't exactly been "babying" her. Over the years we've done "day trips" from the Magothy down to the Gas Docks and back, circumnavigated Kent Island, crossed the Bay many times in the dead of night, outrun thunderstorms, plowed through three to four footers, beached her on purpose and sometimes not on purpose, bumped pilings, ran out of gas, slept on her, ate on her, fished, crabbed, ran up rivers and creeks, and hauled her down the road to to PLO and Solomon's, repeatedly. She also spent the better part of one winter with no tarp and was found full of leaves, sticks, twigs and chipmunk droppings---I still feel bad about that one.

Anyway, through all that we've put her through she's still going strong and whoever gets your boat will be lucky indeed.

Hope things work out for you and that you enjoy the Holidays.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Polkster- Working on photo's, hopefully this weekend

WiFi- She's is nice and does take water well. A little dull on the top, but cleans up nice. Her sides and bottom still shine nicely.

Bigmouth- Chestertown

Thanks for the thoughts and comments guys. We'll get through it. Hopefully be able to look for something by early summer if all goes well.

John

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trying to figure out how to upload the pic's...not my strong suit. Can p/m .PDF images if you want Polkster until I crack the code...

Mike:
Check your inbox...

Also...forgot to add to the list:

New battery this year
AC cable w/PC interface for the Garmin so you can play with it at home

Thanks,

John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts