Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know how to remove cookies from your home computer , i have windows xp , is there a program i can go to ? Thanks , Dave

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Be careful with "cookies"

Dave, Not all cookies are bad. You need them when you log on to your favorite sites, like Tidalfish. Disabling them could cause more problems than you have now.
Simply go to your START, click on ALL PROGRAMS, Click on ACCESSORIES, Scroll down to SYSTEM TOOLS, scroll down to DISK CLEANUP. This will remove all unnecessary files from your disk. It will ask you first which ones you want to delete so you can keep the ones you want.
You can place an icon on your desktop for Disk Cleanup and like Nick suggested, use it at least once a month as regular housekeeping for your computer. You should also do a Disk De fragmentation at the same time. You will find it in the same menu. If you haven't done one it will take awhile so let it run overnight. You will see an immediate improvement in performance!!!:eek:

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Hey Charlie - Yea I forgot to tell him he can't remove all the cookies. Fortunately he had posted on the main board prior to the incomplete info I gave him. I did that once but system restore brings it back to previous settings. Please leave some of those big rock pass through who are on their home to Middle River.:D Their little kids miss them:( .

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
You can selectively remove cookies one at a time as well.
Not sure of how to do it with IE (I use Mozilla Firefox). However, in general, open up (windows explorer) the folder, c:\Documents and Settings\your_user_name\Cookies. You will see all the cookies you have stored and can delete the ones you don't want.

Just figured it out with IE. Click Tools, Internet Options, make sure the General tab is selected, under Browsing History, click Delete, then click Delete Cookies. It will delete all of them. You should also click on Delete Temporary Internet Files.

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
I manually go in the cookie folder and delete ones that are suspect or I know won't make life miserable. Deleting some cookies can make life a b$tch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts