Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post this publicly.

I started a thread yesterday complaining about the Virginian-Pilot not publishing the Outdoors Report that is usually in the Sunday paper.

Lee Tolliver generally writes that article along with other articles pertaining to the outdoors. I would just wanted to state to Lee and anyone else who read my post that my rant was against the newspaper and not Lee Tolliver.

I think Lee does a good job. I post his Thursday fishing reports on this site every week (if I am in town) and have posted numerous other articles he has written.

I write this because the more I thought about it, the more I thought that my post could be possibly be misconstrued in that I was bashing Lee personally, and that was definitely not my intent.

Those that know Lee know he is a good guy, I write this mainly for those that don't know him.

Thanks for reading,

Dennis:)

·
Registered
346 Posts
There was an article a few weeks ago that said the "...regularly scheduled Outdoors Report..." was going on hiatus. There will be occasional reports and articles. It'll be back regularly in the spring.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Lee is good the paper is terrible. I am able to buy the Raleigh paper some Thursdays. Even off season like now they run 4 pages of outdoor sports news, most written by staff not bought off the wire. Lots of Ad's too. When the fishing season is on it expands even more. They run real good articles, just as informative as the good fishing magazines.

When Bass Pro shop opened the Va Pilot sent someone who ridiculed sportsmen and the store in general to write about the grand opening. No wonder they don't advertise.

Boats

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have been a subscriber for years, however since first reading the daily press and their coverage of outdoor sports I think I am going to switch. Just in my opinion I would think from all the dollars outdoor sports brings to the area a local paper would give it much more coverage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
What is the name of the Raleigh paper? I might want to get a subscribe to it.
It is the News & Observer. I live in Apex and get the Sunday paper only. This past Sunday there was only a quater of a page about outdoors. Things are slow this time of year. The Raleigh boat show is coming up this weekend at a new venue, can't remember where since I knew I was going to be up in Va. for the next two weeks. I am sure you can read the paper on line like the pilot. Just try and find it. Takes me about 20 minutes to find the right page.

Dickie

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well to all there will be something in the paper this Sunday according to Lee.He was on his 10th wedding anniversary.Everyone needs a break now a days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts