Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just before dark at our house on Locklies Creek yesterday, three neighborhood dogs killed a raccon. Since there have been three rabid ***** and one rabid fox killed in Middlesex in the past two weeks, I called the animal control officer. He came right away. He put the **** in a sack. The head will be shipped to Richmond to check for rabies. He contacted the owners of the dogs. Thank goodness they have had their shots, but he recommended a booster for extra insurance. Hope the **** was OK. Anyone with a dog that runs loose, be sure they are up to date on rabies shot.

·
Registered
80 Posts
They have an on going problem in the Deltaville area for a few weeks with rabbies. A dog had to be put down because of no rabbies shots. Keep an eye out!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I encountered a suspicious **** in my driveway Sat. night. It appeared to be oblivious to my truck within 5 feet of him and did not respond to a horn blow. Sawsigns that a **** is spending a lot of time in my boathouse.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
My ladyfriend and I were pulling in to my apartment in Middlesex the other night and a fox was snooping around my neighbor's shed. It wasn't scared by my headlights, even my horn. Didn't run off until I drove very close to it. She swore the fox was rabid but I had my doubts...until I saw in the paper where they had recently killed one and verified it was rabid.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Shoot first. With so many, even a suspicious animal should be put down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts