Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and watching the History channel's Star Trek special and am almost awestruck that the firts Star Trek was over 40 years ago. makes one think back to all the wonderous changes that have occurred in the last 50 or so years +/- a few years.

prop planes/jets/space travel

organ transplants/cloning and so much more...we've lived in a very exciting time
think what the youth of tomorrow may see become reality

and as for the heating pad...decided to soak a big live bait at one of the channel bridges for a while this afternoon, hoped for a nice tussel with a big shark...well no shark but a big ol' knarlie Goliath grouper inhaled my 6 lb live bait, I 've caught big Bluefins on standup and they were whimps compared to this critter after 2 hours and 5 minutes I worked him ( or him me...) down to the corner where I could reach him ( no way I was gonna try and pick it out of the water) and worked the hook out of his jaw. he swam off like he had just been out for a holiday swim and I'm wondering if my shoulder will ever be the same again...next time it's a full harness instead of just a light weight belt!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sorry to hear about your "misfortune". Where were you fishin', since I will be down on Summerland starting next weekend, and looking forward to some pullage!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was on the south side of Long key Bidge, just below the boat channel...used a Jack I caught there for bait, on a 50 wide with 100# power pro and a 150# top shot with a 400# wind on leader w/ 9/0 circle hook...in retrospect a small crane might have been more appropriate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts