Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice on an honest shop with good troubleshooting skills. My 95 5.0 F150 has a leak in the rear gas tank - up where I cant see it where the hoses and wires go in I figure. And it runs like ****, missing , losing power, the suddenly getting it back, check engine light on and off like a disco strobe light. Kimnach checked it once and said that the codes were getting cleared out and they couldnt help me after taking $115 diagnostic fee. I'm happy to pay a fair price to determine what is wrong and fix it, but I dont want to pay to replace every part of the motor and electronics and fuel system 1 by 1 till the problem is found. I know I need start with getting the back tank fixed and I'd rather have it all done at once by the same shop if possible. Dropping it off for a week or so is not a problem.

So any recommendations will appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2003 expedtion witch was doing the same thing missfireing, running like ****, hard to start. Had two different issues with it. One of the coils and sparkplug went bad that fixed the issue of missfireing and running like **** and stalling. Then the rouf starts ended up being the fuel pump went bad. The check valve witch keeps the gas from running back into the tank and keeps the line pressurizes went bad. So if you can get to the plugs take them out and look at the tips to see if they are burnt up or what color they are or if they are covered in oil. Be cautios that if the plugs are not put back in right they will strip the threads and you could get a plug shooting out of the block.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Call Bill Turner, he has a small shop on haygood, He will treat you right, he works on all my stuff, Tell him Todd gave you his no# 373-7692, One of my vehicles is a 93 f150

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just started having the same problem on my 94 F-150! Ran the rear tank dry and I'm just using the front. This has stopped the leaking , but has obvious limitaions. Guy who works with me had a similar problem on a Bronco and it was a fuel pump that sits in the tank. He fixed it himself for about a $100. Mine has other serious problems, so I'll probably trade it in without getting it fixed. Good luck with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.