Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
:clapping2:

I'm an Obama supporter. I'm not sure who all these people are who are supporting Clinton.. I haven't met a person yet who wants her to win the nomination.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:clapping2:

I'm an Obama supporter. I'm not sure who all these people are who are supporting Clinton.. I haven't met a person yet who wants her to win the nomination.
He may be the best that they have to offer. I am not impressed.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
have you read The Audacity of Hope?

I'm very impressed.
Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too liberal...and that is coming from someone that supported W.:D

He is getting the attention because the dem. establishment knows Hillary may win the primary but can't win the general election. Probably won't last.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I make it a point not to read autobiographical books penned by aspiring politicians. Hell, I make it a point not to read autobiographical books period. Recreational reading is a luxury I can't devote the time to right now.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Id actually prefer Clinton to Obama, quite simply you know what you are buying into. Obama is an unknown commodity with little political experience. This is how I see it going down- the Clintons continue to be the power brokers of the Dem party garnering tremendous financial support, plus there's the slickster, who, after all is said and done, could be elected. So you get a co President Bill with Hillary. Hillary is her own worst enemy though with her stupid remarks. She is however, more moderate then Obama, and would sway with the polls like Bill. Obama would be more independent if elected kinda like Carter, after Watergate. He would take the win as a mandate and would most likely sway more left then Clinton or any other Dems out there. He has one other issue is middle name is Hussein. :rolleyes: Personnally I'd vote for Rudy over either. The Dem choices are rather slim.:clap:

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what exactly do you mean by that?

I'm not a fan of dumbing down politics to "liberal vs conservative"
Listen, you have two choices on this board.

1. Agree with the W. administration and all of it's policies.

or

2. Accept the fact that you are a baguette eating, limp wristed, troop killing, Jane Fonda defending, communist, welfare giving, turd packing, secular progressive, anti American, liberal, terrorist loving, child molesting, flag burning, monument defacing, pot smoking, anti Christian, Nazi,, 2nd amendment hating, sorry excuse for a barking moon bat who would have big brother running every aspect of our lives.. :D

Did I miss anything?

·
Registered
999 Posts
The Dem choices are rather slim.:clap:
It's early, Obama and Clinton will eventually fall to the wayside. Bill Richardson is the most qualified candidate. His experience includes:
-15 years in Congress
-U.S. ambassador to the United Nations
-Served as a diplomat in negotiations with North Korea, Iraq, Sudan, Cuba, the Taliban and with Saddam Hussein
-Secretary of Energy
-Governor of New Mexico

Richardson will win the nomination and will be the next President of the United States. On a side note, after the election Horatio Sanz from SNL will have job security for another 4 years .:D

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
He would take the win as a mandate and would most likely sway more left then Clinton or any other Dems out there.
I'm interested to know why you feel that way.. it's pretty vague to say "he'll swing more left than Clinton." What do you really mean by that?

Do you have a fear that Obama will become president and start socializing everything? If so, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. The President can't pass laws w/o congress, although the current president feels he can break them. There are more than a few blue dogs on the hill to keep anything crazy from happening. Again, I fail to see why you would make such a conclusion about Obama but it's not like he'd be king.

The biggest fears one should have with a president should deal with military and law enforcement matters. (I think GWB has f-ed up both royally). These are items with which the president has direct control. Related to this are issues regarding executive power. For reasons I cannot understand, and reasons that seem to counter key conservative principles, the neocon movement puts great emphasis on the importance of executive power. GWB demonstrated this through the domestic warrantless wiretapping program, gitmo, torture, signing statements, and finally the most recent US attorney scandal.

Obama received a law degree from Harvard. He went on to teach constitutional law at the University of Chicago. Of all the candidates for President, I find him most likely to understand the system of checks and balances and it's importance. We dearly need a president that understands he is an equal with congress. He should certainly not have any more, and arguably less, power than the house and senate. The current president, and the rubber stamp republican congress, created a presidency that is far too powerful. I firmly believe that Obama is the best candidate to bring the executive branch back into check.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
W. has Ivy league credentials, was a fighter pilot, ran an oil company, was the Gov. of Texas, and look at the mess he got us into.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
W. has Ivy league credentials, was a fighter pilot, ran an oil company, was the Gov. of Texas, and look at the mess he got us into.
very true.. although I believe he ran that oil company into the ground.

My thoughts on Obama and his theories of executive power come more from his voting record in the senate and his books than his background.

And maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I feel a law degree is the best form of education for those we elect to govern. It makes perfect sense that those who write the law and enforce the law should be ones who have studied the law.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
very true.. although I believe he ran that oil company into the ground.

My thoughts on Obama and his theories of executive power come more from his voting record in the senate and his books than his background.

And maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I feel a law degree is the best form of education for those we elect to govern. It makes perfect sense that those who write the law and enforce the law should be ones who have studied the law.
LOL, I didn't claim that he did any of those things well. I think daddy had a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
2. Accept the fact that you are a baguette eating, limp wristed, troop killing, Jane Fonda defending, communist, welfare giving, turd packing, secular progressive, anti American, liberal, terrorist loving, child molesting, flag burning, monument defacing, pot smoking, anti Christian, Nazi,, 2nd amendment hating, sorry excuse for a barking moon bat who would have big brother running every aspect of our lives.. :D

Did I miss anything?
How about self-loathing, constitution hating and 1st amendment rights for the left only? And instead of baguette, I would have said quiche. ;-):D

1 - 20 of 123 Posts