Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barack Obama contends that he is more experienced in executive matters than Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin because he has managed his presidential campaign for the past 18 months.

Speaking on a cable news channel Monday night, the Democratic presidential nominee said he is better prepared to handle a disaster like Hurricane Gustav because of his pursuit of the White House.

"Well, my understanding is that Governor Palin's town of Wasilla has, I think, 50 employees. We've got 2,500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe $12 million a year. You know, we have a budget of about three times that just for the month. So I think that our ability to manage large systems and to execute I think has been made clear over the last couple of years," Obama said.

John McCain's spokesman called the suggestion "laughable."

"For Barack Obama to argue that he's experienced enough to be president because he's running for president is desperate circular logic and its laughable. It is a testament to Barack Obama's inexperience and failing qualifications that he would stoop to passing off his candidacy as comparable to Governor Sarah Palin's executive experience managing a budget of over $10 billion and more than 24,000 employees," said spokesman Tucker Bounds.

Republican National Committee Victory 2008 Chairwoman Carly Fiorina also blasted the Democratic campaign.

"I am appalled by the Obama campaign's attempts to belittle Governor Sarah Palin’s experience. The facts are that Sarah Palin has made more executive decisions as a mayor and governor than Barack Obama has made in his life," Fiorina said, adding that the Obama camp's attacks raise the question of sexism.

"Because of Hillary Clinton's historic run for the presidency and the treatment she received, American women are more highly tuned than ever to recognize and decry sexism in all its forms. They will not tolerate sexist treatment of Governor Palin,” she said.

FOXNEWS.COM

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
We'll see in a week funny man... He's run CIRCLES around McCains campaign.. McCain wishes for HALF of the BO's success, and thats just in dollars and cents... Please post pictures of you having a heart attack next Tuesday around 9:30 PM, when Virginia turns BLUE....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Presidential nominees don’t manage squat!! They get told how to pick their noses and wipe their asses!!!

BO couldn't manage a one person fishing tourney.......

How true RF.....

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
We'll see in a week funny man... He's run CIRCLES around McCains campaign.. McCain wishes for HALF of the BO's success, and thats just in dollars and cents... Please post pictures of you having a heart attack next Tuesday around 9:30 PM, when Virginia turns BLUE....
I'd say the news media has promoted Obama's campaign, making them totally invaluable. After this election, they should reorganize and study Pravda. It lasted nearly 80 years, longer then the current left mainstream networks, also longer then most of left print media. Pravda is now a tabloid style media, something the current crop of left bent media knows much about. Come to think of it, they're already there. Maybe they should rename the networks to the "The Peoples Broadcasting Company" or "The Nationalized Broadcast News" . I have a good representation of NBC- No Body Cares.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Still blaming all your ills on the media, Frank?
If McCain loses, it won't be because of the "left", it won't be because of the "right". It will be because he lost the "center". That's what matters.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
McCain and the repubs didnt lose the center, they lost the right. They acted more like democrats to the left, then conservatives, and like Bush 1 they got or are getting burnt to the ground. As far as the left media, Obama is the darling, replete with far left voting skills, redistribution of wealth, anti gun votes, pro abortion, socialized meds, just about everything that makes the left media all gitty inside.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the dow is based on Obama getting elected and raising the captial gains tax among other factors. At least gas is coming down

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that's what some anylists are saying...I think it is part obama and part people have lost faith in big business. Of course big business is getting ready to get taxed more....down go the profits.

Of course it looks like a great time to buy ....if you have any expendable cash you want to get rid of.

·
Registered
395 Posts
This market crash has been coming for the past five years. That is before Obama was even in congress. Some have been predicting this because of the lack of economic plan being exercised by the current administration. Personally, I think that government bears some of the responsibility. I also believe that private enterprise deserves most of the responsibility. They acted on greed and it bit them. The problem is that because of all this people who borrowed nothing will have to pay for the mistakes of others. The republican president begged the democratic congress for the bailout. Why should I have to bail anyone out. I did not make a foolish loan. I pay all my bills. Yet, somehow today's style conservatives believe that I and other Americans should pay more than a trillion dollars. This is the republican version of share the wealth.

My investments are down. Thankfully, I still have enough to purchase Ford at $2 a share.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dixie....sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders but if your just blaming repubs you have your head in the sand. This started with people who wanted more than they could afford and the democrats who wanted them to have it. As for the bailout it sucks.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm not just blaming the republicans. There is enough blame from this boondoggle for them all.
Bush was the face guy. I think it was planned that way, since he was a lame duck to begin with. While there are democrats and republicans when there is trouble they all circle the wagons together and protect their own. The first job of a politician is to get re-elected. Each side needs the other to do that. When push comes to shove they will protect themselves and their friends first. They will lie to us. They will steal from us.
How do I know this?
They've done it before.

·
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not just blaming the republicans. There is enough blame from this boondoggle for them all.
Bush was the face guy. I think it was planned that way, since he was a lame duck to begin with. While there are democrats and republicans when there is trouble they all circle the wagons together and protect their own. The first job of a politician is to get re-elected. Each side needs the other to do that. When push comes to shove they will protect themselves and their friends first. They will lie to us. They will steal from us.
How do I know this?
They've done it before.
I agree with everything you said above and that's exactly what Obama is doing to get elected saying all the right things. When his record (when he did vote) shows otherwise. Luckily my house rep Robert Wittman (R) didn't vote for the bailout and is for a national sales tax. We just need more like him. He too was a small time mayor of Montross.

As for CG...I can't wait for the day I say "I told you so". :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts