Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ---I' Comin' down from Delaware with my boat this spring for a week. Staying in Avon - always head down in the fall or summer but never been down in the spring......what's the main thing we are fishin' for around that time - drum? ....also - what's you using for bait.......also - any suggestion on spots to fish....Inshore mostly.....22 foot boat.....is there a ramp at Hatteras Inlet? Always been out of Oregon Inlet......thanks for the advice in advance!

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I'm not sure what species you can expect to catch but to answer your question on launch ramps in Hatteras there are a couple. There is one between Odens Dock and Hatteras Harbor Marina and one at Teach's Lair Marina. Both are a very short run to Hatteras Inlet. At Teach's you can rent a slip and leave your boat in the water for the week. The guys that run the tackle shop (Steve and Dave) can give you the latest info on what's biting. Check out their website for details.

www.teachslair.com

·
Registered
328 Posts
you can look for hardheads( sea mullets),blues,trout ,flounder,puffers, and maybe some small spot or croakers.The big drum will be around then as well but it all depends on wind over the course of several days before and during your trip.water temp the biggest player as well as the tides ofcourse.Should be fair to good depending on the wind because it been fairly mild this winter.
River temps are in the mid 50's already so it could be an early year if the winds dont go north and blow hard right befoe your arrival.This will make the water temps plummit and create lockjaw for some species.Any southwest wind before or during your visit should get them big reds going.
hope this helps,
Richard

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm headed down there the same weekend if the weather looks nice... any other info on what species to target would be great.

Richard,
Any suggestions on where I might look to catch the drum if they're in?

Jim & BigCrappie... if it's nice and you want to buddy up and go outside or just share a reports while down there, let me know.

-Trevor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts