Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend is nice enough to lend us her place last weekend of March in Nags Head area. Will there be blues or Rocks from the surf then? What does a Va. boy need to be legal? Anything else I should target from the beach?

Many thanks, Cutbait

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks and no sweat. Can't belive Cato one of the most famous guys on this board answered my call. Guess we will walk on the beach with the dog and drink some whiskey at night. Good enough fo me, Cutbait

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's a great time to build bonefires on the beach set back and drink whiskey........if you can just avoid the ******* Park Rangers is the problem.
March is when I start my boat work,...getting ready for the next year.
March use to be the worst ass kickings that I got all year when I was commercial fishing for Monkfish and Dogsharks

Cape Point,.. Hatteras,NC...S/W 25 to 30 knots...busting the Stripers...................

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Leave your surf rods at home and hook up with Patrick Caton. Unlike his mentor HE STILL CATCHES in march. He's not WORLD FAMOUS YET; but his time is quickly coming. Isn't that right DADDY-O?

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
March is the time of year to stock up on your "kitchen points" for the rest of the year. get your honey do's done and plan for an off shore trip lator.

TED

·
Registered
365 Posts
End of March is probably the single suckiest time to fish on the OBX with one exception. The deep drop fishing for tilefish and sea bass ( especially tilefish ) still rocks that time of year. I fish with Captain Paul on the Stolat, broad creek fishing center. Awesome dude who finds the BIG tilefish ( 8-12lbs). Broad creek is in Wanchese about 8 minutes from milepost 16 on the bypass. Tell him Capuzzi sent you.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Leave your surf rods at home and hook up with Patrick Caton. Unlike his mentor HE STILL CATCHES in march. He's not WORLD FAMOUS YET; but his time is quickly coming. Isn't that right DADDY-O?
I would also second Caton. I have never fished with him, but his reputation as a great all around captain ( and good deep drop guy ) is well established. I don't know where he fishes in March. I think he may be in Hatteras that time of year.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Whoops. Didn't read the previous posts close enough. Seems Rick is waving the white flag on March fishing. Whats up with that? Are you going to be at Broad creek this summer? This is the rumor I heard.

·
Registered
126 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts