Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Longfin2,

We are planning to be down there during the Easter weekend. You being the tog expert, is that a good time for tog also?

Doug

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doug, the fiance and I are gonna be there that saturday. We killed the flounder last year on the same date. Tog should be there especially if you fish the warmer outgoing tide. I think we're gonna give both a try.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Doug, just looked at a report from April 11th of last year and they were catching tog at the Indian River Inlet so yeah, they should be there.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems the first flounder in OC are always caught the last week in March or the first week of April, so I wouldn't say WAY too early. Larry is probably just trying to drum up some business for the local B&T's.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Talked to a scallop fisherman fishing about 40 miles offshore.He said they,ve been picking up lots of summer &winter flounder as bycatch and in about 120 ft of water.Just a matter of time &water temp.before we see them inshore again

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Shallow waters

Hi Gang:

The big females should be in . Look over at your NOAA chart. Find the mud bottoms in the south end of the bays and you'll find those Flounder(FLUKE). Also look at the dark sand(gray) areas close to those mud bottom areas. As the water warm in the day, the females will mov over to the gray sand areas to feed, and move back again as the water cools down for the day.
HINT....HINT....HINT... the word to catch these fish is:
SSSLLLOOOWWW...SSSLLLOOOWWW...SSSLLLOOOWWW

Plain doormatter rigs WITHOUT Spinner blades will work on the drift.
HINT....HINT....HINT.... Use a chrome ball...aka...Dormatter Express to get the FLUKEs attention. WORK IT SSSLLLOOOWWWLLLYYY up and down with lots of HESITATION at the top of the SSSLLLOOOWWW JIGging action.

These big females are CCOOLLDD and have finished spawing. The want food BUT WON'T CHASE it. They will follow a bait, but, IT MUST BE SLOWLY WORKED.

Read my sites tips and tricks for these wonderfull critters.

WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

·
Registered
212 Posts
Also work in and around Ocean City,, have only seen clam dredgers working, tog fishing is the best bet for the next couple of weeks, there are better chances of connecting with stripers than flounder this weekend

·
Registered
84 Posts
There was a 17 1/2 inch flounder caught at the Inlet Saturday morning. That is the only one that I have heard of. Indian River is producing some flounder.

Beverly, Harbor Tackle, W. Ocean City

·
Registered
2 Posts
iam going out today for the flatties in del. , i'll give an update on what happened, hopfully have a pic or two to post.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rumor has it ..............

yes there have been a few flatties caught north of 50 bridge also down south in the back bay also rock fish are in the inlet 24 26 inch slot capt. scott ocmd:yes: :clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.