Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Departed west OC 5am on thursday on our maiden voyage. Its been a rough spring-summer, work, kids, etc. So I couldnt wait to get out there.

Headed staright for the Hot Dog and trolled for about an hour with everyone else and only had a few short strikes. Decided to push further SE towards the Poormans.

Hit the 30 line and we boat a nice gaffer, thought it was a tuna the way it dumped the reel!! Kept working between the 30-40 line and boated 5 more gaffers. Got the poormans and a nice strike, but it cut the leader between the chin weight an the hook, clean. Wahoo?

Didnt stay there long and we back tracked to were we had caught the mahi. Long rigger pops and we had a nice white. It danced behind the boat and gave us a great show. Continued the fight until it spit the hook. Kept going and we got swarmed by a school of small yellowfin. All of our clips popped at once and and one stayed tight. I jigged a flat line, seawitch and hooked another. Managed two out of all of the strikes, but they were too small. Pulled it in and ran back to the ramp.

All in all it was a great day, cant wait to go again!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Nice dolphin, good bit bigger than ours. I assume our short bites were these micro tunas been hearing about...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts