Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
We were thinking of giving it a shot Thurs but wanted to see a report or two first. We are pulling boat Friday so would be our last opportunity.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There a couple boats fishing down the beach today but reports this time of year are going to be hard to come by! I would love a report or two also but unfortunately, I think we may be winging it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Anybody going? Not sure what we are fishing for but headed east Thursday morning. Anyone else?
not sure if you will get this but the Chloro shot I got from ripcharts today shows blended water in the Washington.. if this was my choice it is where I would go Snowranger.. we were there back on Monday 10/12 in very green water and figured we would be wasting our time especially since we were getting there around 2 pm.. by 5 pm we had 3 yft .. 65, 70, and 75 lbs.. all on the chunk .. so you never know... dirty water let us use heavy (80lb) florocarb. leaders..

·
Registered
300 Posts
You guys are right on about the green water however do you see that slug of warm water down in the Norfolk? Bet ya there are some fish in that water. Looks like 81 miles for you OC boys. I'd be pointed that way if I were y'all.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Fished saturday 24 th headed to norfolk at 38 fathoms the managable 5s out of the N.E. turned into steep 8s... couldnt go the extra 33 miles to the water now below the norfolk for safety.Managed a gaffer and slinger mahi in the washington,some other baits stripped but didnt come tight.tried A new spot for tiles no love.

·
Registered
510 Posts
We called it a season and pulled the boat at Sunset last weekend. I guess I'm a fair weather fisherman. Good luck if you decide to give it a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts